What's new

Worcestershire sauce

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
No Worcestershire for me. Yorkshire!
Specifically, Sheffield.

View attachment 1092604

It's kind of like Worcestershire sauce, but better. Much better in my rather biased opinion. If you can track down and try a bottle of Hendo's as it's known round here, you might just have bought your last bottle of Lea and Perrins.

I received the Henderson’s Relish today, fried up two large hamburger patties, slathered in the Henderson’s, grated some fresh horseradish and pigged out. Wonderful stuff it is. I’m sure I’ll find many used for it. Thanks for a taste of Sheffield!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I received the Henderson’s Relish today, fried up two large hamburger patties, slathered in the Henderson’s, grated some fresh horseradish and pigged out. Wonderful stuff it is. I’m sure I’ll find many used for it. Thanks for a taste of Sheffield!

Excellent! :thumbup: Glad you enjoyed it, Steve.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
@AimlessWanderer is an enabler. I gave a bottle to my coworker Nigel, who is from southern England and swears by L&P, and has never heard of HR. He was won over. Like me, he still likes L&P, but says the HR is pretty darn good, in a different way.

As we’re on the subject. Has anyone tried Branston Pickle? It’s kind of a chutney that’s often served with a ploughmans lunch?
It goes great with cheese.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
As we’re on the subject. Has anyone tried Branston Pickle? It’s kind of a chutney that’s often served with a ploughmans lunch?
It goes great with cheese.

Absolutely! I tend to go for the Sandwich Pickle when I get it. Smaller chunks, better coverage.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

I like it! I had some straight from a spoon and then drizzled it on some scrambled eggs (just because that sounded good for lunch).

The first thing that stood out was the strong garlic and tang. Both are more pronounced. I'll keep playing with it.

Just as an aside, I wasn't thrilled about the shipping. The caps were loose on all three bottles, and that led to a little bit leaking. It was only a matter of drops, but enough that I needed to rinse the bottles. That doesn't exactly warm my heart.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I like it! I had some straight from a spoon and then drizzled it on some scrambled eggs (just because that sounded good for lunch).

The first thing that stood out was the strong garlic and tang. Both are more pronounced. I'll keep playing with it.

Just as an aside, I wasn't thrilled about the shipping. The caps were loose on all three bottles, and that led to a little bit leaking. It was only a matter of drops, but enough that I needed to rinse the bottles. That doesn't exactly warm my heart.

Glad you like it :thumbup1: I've never had a bottle with a loose cap before, but then the shipping from them to me is a lot simpler :)

Cheese on toast with some Worcestershire Sauce to jazz up the cheese .......... Mmmmm

Here's a posh version

Ultimate Cheese On Toast - Lea & Perrins UK - https://www.leaandperrins.co.uk/recipe/100091100008/Ultimate-Cheese-On-Toast

Or try these recipes if you are feeling adventurous. Basically it works like Soy Sauce does in recipes, but much more Bite and Zing

Recipes - Lea & Perrins UK - https://www.leaandperrins.co.uk/recipes

I feel hungry now.

It also makes me think about Marmite and that has made me hungry too.

I blame you lot for bringing this subject up in the first place....😋

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Cheese on toast with some Worcestershire Sauce to jazz up the cheese .......... Mmmmm

Here's a posh version

Ultimate Cheese On Toast - Lea & Perrins UK - https://www.leaandperrins.co.uk/recipe/100091100008/Ultimate-Cheese-On-Toast

Or try these recipes if you are feeling adventurous. Basically it works like Soy Sauce does in recipes, but much more Bite and Zing

Recipes - Lea & Perrins UK - https://www.leaandperrins.co.uk/recipes

I feel hungry now.

It also makes me think about Marmite and that has made me hungry too.

I blame you lot for bringing this subject up in the first place....😋
Glad I could help.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Youse guys kill me.

Did a curbside pickup at a British grocer today. Goodness knows I want these guys to stay in business. There is some other stuff on the counter as I actually live in this house. Henderson's Relish $5.49 Canuck bucks.

A bit of British.jpg

Top Bottom