What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Shave #27

Dovo "Barbarossa" short
B&M Bay Rum
B&M 22mm Synth
Miller strop
CeraVe Hylauronic Acid Serum
B&M Bay Rum AS

20200522_062707.jpg

happy Pirate Friday!!!! seemed like Rum was the only logical choice for the razors first use. 2 1/2 passes of perfection. due to size, the holds are different with this one in some places. Awesome razor!!!! looks like brass washers on the inside pivot.

close shave

9.85/10

camo

9.5/10 - BBS in 3 passes. First use of the Proraso cream. Very slick.
Razor: Razorock Lupo
Blade: Gillette Rubie plus (0)
Brush: 24mm Fendrihan faux horn synthetic silvertip
Pre-Shave: Fendrihan Bay rum pre-shave oil
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood shaving cream
Aftershave: Pitralon AS / Proraso Blue balm
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH
IMG_20200521_111603.jpg

Friday shave vign.jpg

Friday’s Shave

Going with Haslinger Coconut, today. Today’s brush was a Frank Shaving Syn. The razor was my Feather AS-D2 with a Feather blade. After a four-pass shave I used cool water to remove any excess lather. I then applied Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Neutrogena Triple Protect. After my shower, some Yves Saint Laurent cologne.

A perfect shave: 10/10.

An Italian shave for the most part. I was trying out Proraso's white shave soap for the first time and that prompted me to add as many Italian things as possible. I therefore used Proraso pre-shave, the Razorock brush and Mr. Fine's Italian Citrus aftershave. The blade is actually made in Russia, the razor is German and the bowl is American. I tried.

I'd not used the Mühle for some time and having had three days growth, I was pleased to find the soap lather up really well to ameliorate the Mühle's aggression, the blade was on it's third and final use, so that too helped dial it down.

Taking it very easily, I had a BB shave in two passes with some light touch ups. I prefer saving the Mühle for days when there's enough growth for it to work with, so it doesn't get too much use, but when it does, it excels! Very happy with a weeper free 10/10.

Razor: Mühle R41
Blade: Gillette Seven O’clock SharpEdge Yellow (3)
Soap: Proraso White
Brush: Razorock Butterscotch Synthetic
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Fine’s Italian Citrus
Bowl: Captain's Choice Large Cobalt Blue

dkpwatson64_1590069440.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri May 22nd 2020

Razor: Valet Auto-strop C1 model Canadian variant-Mfg 1920's(I decreased the gap from .011 to .007 thousands of a inch to smooth the razor out.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (6)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco-Nice Citrus scent with good lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- very nice brush to handle and generates great lather.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + clean up.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea Sensitive balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my C1 Valet auto strop.

SOTD, Fri May 22nd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

New soap for me, fresh Personna red blade and a too close shave. I just plain old cut myself up today. Not sure what happened but on my right jaw line I put about 4 big weepers on there. Impressive really. The scent of the soap is definitely close to it's name. I grabbed it because again I am heading to the lake and it made me feel optimistic. The weather forecast says otherwise. Low score for all the blood. The rest of the shave is actually really good. Just a bit of hot face after the shave but this is probably my most aggressive razor with a fresh blade.

6.8/10

KM

IMG_20200522_062934.jpg

Razor: Gillette US prewar Fat Handle triangle Tech
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green Refreshing and Toning Preshave with Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol
Lather: Dr Harris Arlington
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive ASB

2 nicks. No irritation.
Pleasant DFS++ shave.
Feathers just don’t hold an edge for me. Then I try to compensate!!!

Rating: 9.6/10

Last edited:
Razor: Timeless TRBR38
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock Green Permasharp (3)
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: M & M Garda Siochana
AS: Pinaud Clubman
Result: 2 pass WTG/ATG (2 WTG on neck) for a great Friday DFS. Enjoy your weekend.
CA252FA6-3F03-4BC7-BE7E-2941D8D7C231.jpeg

Razor: RR GC JAWS 84 / HD
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Maggard Timberwolf
Lather: LEA Professional
Result: 9/10

The LEA Professional cream....what a crazy large tube it comes in! The scent hits FAR above its price point. It's a mildly scented orange citrus/aquatic/woodsy/soapy bouquet which is absolutely delightful to sniff, and if I was blindfolded, I'd guess this was a TOBS scent, which I rate towards at the very top of the heap in the scent department. Once rinsed up, there's no scent left behind so it can be used with whatever AS of frag one desires without any concern for clashing/matching.

I used an inch of cream, which MAY have been too much, I don’t know for sure. I had enough lather for 3 passes just after a minute of face-lathering, adding water occasionally. Lather was everywhere, the really nice slick creamy kind and very textbook lather, whatever that means. This cream is both protective and slick and right up there with the best I’ve ever used. No irritation or pain during the shave, just some mild redness in the usual rough spots that were gone by the time I finished rinsing off which leads me to the only gripe I have with this cream: drying. The soap rinsed off very squeaky, like when using basic Ivory soap to wash my hands. My face also tightened up a bit for a good 20 minutes, then went away. It’s possible I used too much cream, but there's only one way to find out. I'll just have to give it another shot using half an inch of cream instead. At this rate this tube would probably last for several hundred shaves.

Brush is awesome as usual and the Nacet on use number two felt like a fresh blade. No tugging, and smooth as can be. Great shave day.

IMG_0256.jpeg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC2 Single Edge razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Ocean Tortoise Shell Pure Bristle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating 10
20200430_080642.jpg

Razor: Timeless SS.95
Blade: ASTRA SP
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Lather: TASS Humidor
Aftershave: Stetson Cool Moisture A/S

Additional Care: Razorock Alumn / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Kiels Ultra Facial Cream
9.5/10

Excellent shave with the Timeless SS.95 again. I did bring out the TI.95 for 1 pass just to compare and the only difference I could feel was on the weight of the head. I have to apply a bit of pressure with the TI one. Besides that I couldn't feel any difference.

The soap was also very good. Nice and slick. Good cushion.

3 pass shave. BBS

Top Bottom