What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Hey. I've been on the shaving part for a little bit, but stumbled down here recently. I've come to the conclusion that I think I'm ready for a pipe. I think this coming weekend, I'm hitting my local drugstore for a cob on my way to my nearest local (and open) tobacconist. From lurking around, I think a cob is the way to go starting off. While at the tobacconist, I figure an ounce or two of the basic families and see what I like.
Cobs are NOT to be underestimated! Go for it.

Hey. I've been on the shaving part for a little bit, but stumbled down here recently. I've come to the conclusion that I think I'm ready for a pipe. I think this coming weekend, I'm hitting my local drugstore for a cob on my way to my nearest local (and open) tobacconist. From lurking around, I think a cob is the way to go starting off. While at the tobacconist, I figure an ounce or two of the basic families and see what I like.
I like a cob just fine.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I'm curious as to why you say 'newly released' "Mark Twain"? Has there been a change in the Mark Twain? Hopefully a wider chamber.
The description indicated thatit was the “all new”

1590613988719.jpeg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Interesting. Did you get it direct from Missouri Meerschaum? The bowl shape looks the same, although mine has the curved stem. I've thought about drilling out the chamber, but I have visions of the cob breaking apart. I'll probably leave well enough alone, although I like the bigger chamber like the Cobbler has.
I ordered the bent stem. You can get spare stems separately. This is the site:

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I ordered the bent stem. You can get spare stems separately. This is the site:

Perhaps this can help place the term “new” into context a bit. Below is an article from MM dated 2014. The Mark Twain pipe has been around for a decent amount of time now.

Introducing the New Hannibal Collection of Corn Cob Pipes! - CornCobPipe.com - https://corncobpipe.com/introducing-the-new-hannibal-collection-of-corn-cob-pipes/

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Perhaps this can help place the term “new” into context a bit. Below is an article from MM dated 2014. The Mark Twain pipe has been around for a decent amount of time now.

Introducing the New Hannibal Collection of Corn Cob Pipes! - CornCobPipe.com - https://corncobpipe.com/introducing-the-new-hannibal-collection-of-corn-cob-pipes/
Yep, that’s it. I quit the pipe about seven years ago and just started back so I suppose I missed the release. Fortunately found one.

Don’t feel like starting a thread because I’m sure it’s already been asked so I’m asking here, where should i order cigars online?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The wife allowed me to take over a night stand, just need to find something to do with the figurine (one of wife’s friends gave it to her). The drawers below will hold open jars and accessories. With the LE coming, it is time to get serious and build more rack for the loose pipes.

34E56359-FA29-46D5-99A2-AAFB97D0DED5.jpeg

The wife allowed me to take over a night stand, just need to find something to do with the figurine (one of wife’s friends gave it to her). The drawers below will hold open jars and accessories. With the LE coming, it is time to get serious and build more rack for the loose pipes.

View attachment 1124471
Love the olive wood pipe... I keep saying I need to add one of those to my collection. The grain patterns on them are so unique and very striking visually.

If a newbie is looking for a great first pipe or wants to graduate on to the next step, a New set of Buckeye Pipes at Smoker's Haven. I don't need another but they're a great smoker for the price point. Artisan made rejects that they just out a prefab stem on instead of cutting one. I'll never let the two I have go.

Howdy, all,

I'm not a newbie to pipe smoking, but I haven't packed and lit up any of my pipes in years. Most of them date from the days when Tinder Box existed at my local mall, but I also have ones I picked up at independent tobacconists before those became extinct here. They're in a large cardboard box in my closet; I need to open it up and see what I have! I may still have pipe cleaners, and I have wooden matches.

So, if I decide to try this again, I'm set except for tobacco. I always liked the Cavendish and sweeter blends, not the Oriental or English stuff. Recommendations for something mild to get me started?

Top Bottom