What's new

Do you have a signature scent?

I was wondering, as so many folks around here happen to experiment with soaps, creams, aftershaves, colognes, etc...

OTOH, some folks have been wearing that one and the same "signature" cologne for decades.

Which camp are you in? 😀

Issey Miyake’s L’eau D’Issey pour homme for a few years in the early 2000s. I was given a gift set of Ralph Lauren Polo Black (the year it came out I think) and liked it, so I adopted that from 2006ish until around 2013.

I’d started sampling different shaving creams in 2013 and when I started working in the city centre that year, found myself going in to the department stores to kill time after work rather than sit idle in traffic. That was when I started sampling and collecting.

Nowadays I guess I have bottles I tend to wear more often than not - Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT being a prime example - but I don’t have one signature as such.

I don't think I have it. I do like to wear and own a bottle of Woods by Dsquared (but it's not what it used to be). It's not often that I wear it (birthdays, celebrations, Christmas and New year).

I occasionally experiment with different aftershaves, but I use Ogallala Bay Rum aftershave probably 90% of the time, and the only cologne I ever use for about 10 years now is Ogallala.
I love the intro on their website 😂 😂 😂

1589980385207.png

Would love to try (sniff) the aftershave, too.

Tnx for sharing!

I was lucky to find my scent early.
Indeed Sir, you were. It's amazing.

I did try quite a few ones, but the ones I sort of used on a prolonged basis have been YSL Kouros in my 20's and Dior Fahrenheit in my 30's. I still like both of these scents, but wouldn't wear either of them daily.

Being 46, I guess I've matured to appreciate that the "less is more" and found out that light, marine, citrusy scents work best for me all year round. That said, I've been using Davidoff Cool Water as my daily driver for a long time now, both the aftershave splash, balm and the cologne. Most importantly my wife loves it, so I'm a happy guy 😀.

Still have a bottle I got a few years ago at an airport... it's just not the same feeling. In my 20's I loved it. Now it's kind of "I'd like to love it again", but it's just an OK occasionally. Maybe they've changed the formula. Or (more likely) I've changed in these 25 or so years...

I love having different frags for different weather conditions and moods. And being a person who doesn't use shave soaps that leave much (if any( residual scent floating around, I can use any of the below without the potential for clashes.

So far I really like these, and keep adding more to find other ones I like:

Grey Flannel
Burberry Brit for Him
JPG Le Male
Tabac EDC spray
CK Obsession

Top Bottom