What's new

INFO! Badger and Blade 2020 LE Pipe : Askwith Pipes

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It’s a one man operation Owen, give him some time :). He also has other commissions on going. I actually missed a email from Chris once cause Gmail Threading somehow marked it read.
So far the only people who have received emails have been those who asked a question in their order email. No deposits have been taken yet as wanted to get the bulk of the orders in so I can start measuring up stem stock, ordering more if necessary or speaking to people about alternative choices.
You are down for a #7 stem as resquested in your email.

I am afraid I missed your question here about payment. Yes if you prefer to pay it all up front that is fine with me as long as Kent is happy too.
I’m sorry, my post sounded worse in print than it did in my head. I was worried I had screwed up, not the other way around. :)

Down payment is made. Now, to put it out of my mind for a few months. Like that is possible. I'll probably only think about this pipe on the occasions I smoke a pipe. In other words. Every. Day. Usually more than once each day. Maybe I'll just print out a picture of the pipe and tape it to my computer screen....

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Do we send with purchase protection or without?
Depends if you trust me ;)

I must take blame for this as I forgot about this aspect of the PayPal payments system. Chris is already extending us quite a generous discount. A 3% surcharge is taken from the seller for the goods and payments guarantee. That cost should have been baked into this year’s pipe price, alas a short sighted mistake on my part.

I must take blame for this as I forgot about this aspect of the PayPal payments system. Chris is already extending us quite a generous discount. A 3% surcharge is taken from the seller for the goods and payments guarantee. That cost should have been baked into this year’s pipe price, alas a short sighted mistake on my part.
I did not understand what it was. Once a fellow member explained it, I sent it without it charging him anything. This was my first PayPal experience. Haha
Down payment sent!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Is this something new with PayPal? I don’t remember seeing it before. I answered no, as I didn’t want Chris charged any more. While the protection could be a good thing (not in this case, as Chris is an established entity), but you would think PP would offer the sender the choice to pay for it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you selected "pay for goods and services" the seller pays the fee and you are protected.

If you select "send to a friend" then you pay the fee and get no protection.

IDK if it's new or not. But seems like it's been this way for years. Maybe they changed their fees? Who knows.

If you are pay the fee it's 5 bucks if taken out of your bank. and 12 bucks if you use a credit card (for the whole $220)
I'm sure it's not any different if the seller pays the fee. but IDK.

We are getting a killer pipe at a deep discount. Hand made for B&B members exclusively. Pay the fee.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If you selected "pay for goods and services" the seller pays the fee and you are protected.

If you select "send to a friend" then you pay the fee and get no protection.

IDK if it's new or not. But seems like it's been this way for years. Maybe they changed their fees? Who knows.

If you are pay the fee it's 5 bucks if taken out of your bank. and 12 bucks if you use a credit card (for the whole $220)
I'm sure it's not any different if the seller pays the fee. but IDK.

We are getting a killer pipe at a deep discount. Hand made for B&B members exclusively. Pay the fee.
No, I understand the fee we pay, I am talking about the protection. They want to then charge a fee to the seller. You would think that if the customer wanted to get the extra protection, then the customer, not the seller, should pay it.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The security of paying by Paypal is a comfort to the buyer and, therefore, a marketing expense for the seller. (Just like accepting Amex . . . these jackwagons think they provide some sort of service charging quite a bit more for credit card processing than any other card provider.)

In this case we are dealing with a well known and respected pipe maker who depends on his reputation to make a living. I'm sure most of us would agree that we don't need to burden Chris with any extra expense.

Top Bottom