What's new

*Fatip Slant*

My two Razorock HD handles fit nice on my Fatip Gentile. Seems to be a decent fit thread wise, not sloppy, and snugs up nice. Just an observation for anyone interested.

My two Razorock HD handles fit nice on my Fatip Gentile. Seems to be a decent fit thread wise, not sloppy, and snugs up nice. Just an observation for anyone interested.

Somewhere a machinist has donned his ninja gear and is honing his shuriken. Standards must be upheld...

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I had, returned to the vendor, and had replaced a bad Schöne.

I have now a few Fatip and Fatip-made razors.
  • one Schöne
  • one Plisson Joris
  • a Gentile
  • two Mk1 OC Grandes
  • an Mk2 Grande
  • a Piccolo
  • the OC Slant
  • the CC Slant
None mentioned have any quality control issues (other than the returned and replace Schöne). None have alignment issues. None have bad looking finishes.

Admittedly I'm not one to very closely examine all my razors and compare their finish with my Wolfman.

...very hard to do.

Besides all that, Fatips are good shavers; all of them are good shavers. I've long said the Mk1 is my favorite Fatip, but it's been displaced by the FOCS. I believe the FOCS is the best DE razor I've used. It might be the best razor I've used. Of course, that's speaking only of my experience and my face and whiskers.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I have a couple of Fatips myself. I have one bad one, my Roedter 1909.

Fatip Lo Storto Originale SOTD

SOTD-OB-FS-VR-R_2020-05-06.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (5)
ASL: Proraso Red

Another wonderful shave. :cornut:

I do believe that with the above five items I now have the best shaving equipment in the world (for me that is). Like most folk I love things that please my senses; this present kit fulfills that for vision, touch, smell, hearing, (not taste) and the sixth too :wink2:. I was expecting the Fatip Lo Storto Originale (NOT the Gentile) to be good, but I hadn't realized that it would take first place on the podium so quickly.

So all in all, just like my little white rabbit, I'm a very happy bunny. :punk:

SOTD-OS-FS-VR-W_2020-05-19.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (3)

Ahhh, I feel so pampered. :cornut:

SOTD-OS-FS-VR-R_2020-05-22.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (4)

My love for these olive wood handles grows by the shave. The grip on them is incredible, and so nice. That said, the Lo Storto "twisted fluting" handle is the best OE handle I've experienced (and that's saying something). :yesnod:

Another great shave with the fab Fatip. All is well in my shaving world. :cornut:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Neglected to post my Wednesday shave in here.

Shave 20200520
20200520_103255~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (4)
Brush: Omega EVO
Soap: RazoRock Emperor
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Post-shave: Dickinson's Hydrating Toner
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: RazoRock Emperor

WTG, XTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation.

Razor, Blade, Brush, Soap and Aftershave all Italian! :)

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale is a superb razor! Smooth, efficient, comfortable.

Excellent shave!

YMMV :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1590247009703.png

This is a nice brush: Fatip Pure Badger

Rave, that's a beautiful brush. I always like seeing photos of it. Also I like reading your reviews of it speaking of which it's about time for an update. Did the shedding stop? Is the backbone still great? Is it even softer? Etc. Is the brush still being sold? Where?

I wish it were larger but it's pretty cool at any size.

BOSC AMBASSADOR TO FATIP.jpg

For everyone else I want to mention and acknowledge Rave's contribution to the community of Fatip Open Comb Slant fans by providing a link to a letter he wrote to Fatip asking them to make the razor.

Rave had been appointed as the BOSC Ambassador to Fatip by Big Nurse or somebody and was just doing his job as well as practicing his hobby. That's referring to his vastly important enabling hobby as well as his Fatip focused collecting hobby.

Oh, here is the link to Rave's letter to Fatip which got the ball rolling (as far as I know).

Thank you Fatip and thank you Rave.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 1103861

Rave, that's a beautiful brush. I always like seeing photos of it. Also I like reading your reviews of it speaking of which it's about time for an update. Did the shedding stop? Is the backbone still great? Is it even softer? Etc. Is the brush still being sold? Where?

I wish it were larger but it's pretty cool at any size.

View attachment 1103863

For everyone else I want to mention and acknowledge Rave's contribution to the community of Fatip Open Comb Slant fans by providing a link to a letter he wrote to Fatip asking them to make the razor.

Rave had been appointed as the BOSC Ambassador to Fatip by Big Nurse or somebody and was just doing his job as well as practicing his hobby. That's referring to his vastly important enabling hobby as well as his Fatip focused collecting hobby.

Oh, here is the link to Rave's letter to Fatip which got the ball rolling (as far as I know).

Thank you Fatip and thank you Rave.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Very nice letter. Asking for gold might be appropriate now, do you think Rave might do that. They know him now. They listen to him.

Top Bottom