What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 11th - May 17th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20200514_130203.jpg

First shave w fatip picolo. Close shave but felt kind of rough. I probably won't shave with it again. If a razor doesn't give me as good a shave as good as my top 3-5 razors, I will just move on, maybe give two tries. Some of my razors feel like gliding through the hair. This one felt tuggy. Handle a little too small for me.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
[Imagen: img_3fa19bf8-81f4-4e83-a9e6-58a3ee4e0e44.jpg]

SOTD 05/14/2020

Razor:
NAVAJA A.CASTRO 7/8 ébano barber's notch 1/2 vaciado

Brush: SIMPSONS "Chubby 2"Super Badger"

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: JABONMAN EUFROS FOROAFEITADO EE 6° aniversario 2016

Aftershave: MYRSOL Agua Balsamica

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión​
I watched your video the other day. You made it all look so easy. Bravo!

View attachment 1100069
First shave w fatip picolo. Close shave but felt kind of rough. I probably won't shave with it again. If a razor doesn't give me as good a shave as good as my top 3-5 razors, I will just move on, maybe give two tries. Some of my razors feel like gliding through the hair. This one felt tuggy. Handle a little too small for me.

That's too bad, man. You might want to make sure the blade was aligned properly; some models have a reputation for being fidgety with the alignment. I freaking love my Fatip, I just wish it had perfect alignment. It is a bit aggressive, but the "gentile" closed comb plate makes it... well, gentler!

That's too bad, man. You might want to make sure the blade was aligned properly; some models have a reputation for being fidgety with the alignment. I freaking love my Fatip, I just wish it had perfect alignment. It is a bit aggressive, but the "gentile" closed comb plate makes it... well, gentler!
I do have the one with the wider grip and it is a safety bar. I will give that a try. The handle is a bit too small on this one.

SOTD-OS-FS-VR-W_2020-05-14.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (9)
ASL: Proraso Red

For reasons I can't explain my blade felt dull. Thinking about it, it was a tad on the dull side yesterday evening too. That spoiled things tonight, although I still achieved a very nice BBS shave.

But hey, looking on the bright side, shaving would get boring if EVERY shave was great. :laugh:

IMG_20200514_175237.jpg

First time Williams user. 1953 Tech. Y1 date code. Personna Platinum Chrome Blade. Pinaud Clubman AS. First shave with this razor and soap. I'm not the best lather maker, but I'm getting better each step. I can certainly understand why Williams has a cult following. Slick, Rich lather that lasts the whole shave. It loaded up my cheap synthetic brush so much that I almost couldn't rinse it all out when I was done.

The razor is very light with the plastic handle, but since my first DE shave was with a Feather Popular, I handled the lightweight razor very well. It looked like a very mild razor and I wasn't sure what kind of shave it would give. This Razor KILLED IT! The first pass and I could have stopped and looked great. Pass 2 was BBS on the cheeks. My jawline and neck never are BBS, but after pass 3, my jawline passed the stroke test. My neck is always tough but today had minimal drag, compared to other shaves. Only 2 mild weepers just above my adams apple.

The only thing I didn't like was that the soap has no odor. None. I'm sure I could get used to it, considering the lather it gives.

All in all, a Damn Fine Shave.
Chuck

SOTD-OS-FS-VR-W_2020-05-14.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (9)
ASL: Proraso Red

For reasons I can't explain my blade felt dull. Thinking about it, it was a tad on the dull side yesterday evening too. That spoiled things tonight, although I still achieved a very nice BBS shave.

But hey, looking on the bright side, shaving would get boring if EVERY shave was great. :laugh:

I love how the brush and razor handles match.

Friday SOTD

Razor: iKon DLC Slant
Blade: Gillette Platinum (D19)
Brush: Omega 10098 Boar 27mm
Bowl: Sweese Porcelain Suribachi 5”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Klar Kabinett
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: HTGAM Al-Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.