What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

Well, poop. I had my second shave with my brass level 2 today and it was sublime. Slick and smooth, audible with nice blade feel, and a DFS+ result in two passes (I don't go ATG). It's still early days, but so far I like it far more than my R41, Rocca, post-war Tech, and every other razor I've put my hands on. It's got me thinking about a purge.

So, why the poop comment? Because I'm poorer now, having just ordered the stainless level 2 with the Bishop handle to go along with it. I struggled deciding between the two last week and now I'll have both. Why? For absolutely no reason good enough to stand up to reasonable scrutiny. I just feel compelled to have both.

You people are the worst, in the best possible way.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I had my second shave with my stainless level 2 today. I kept the angle shallow. No preasure. Used the same polsilver blade. Excellent results. Smooth. No blood. Super close. Near BBS. Still a little too much sting with the aftershave, but I am confident I will get that dialed in.

Similar to NicksDad above, I have been leering at the Brass Lvl 2, as mine is ss. But I haven't pulled the trigger. If that one with the skull on the top cap were still available I may have done it.

My first shave with my ss lv2, few bites but then adjusted and applied no pressure, and went slower, and now amazing shaves

I love it, Florian Cross handle
proxy.php

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Shave three with my level 2. Very excellent results. Same Polsilver blade. Gonna try a different blade next shave.

Wow, these razors are flying off the shelf. Brass and copper complete razors appear sold out; level 1 complete razors are sold out; there appears to be limited remaining stock on stainless lvl 3; and the available options for level 2 stainless are shrinking. Stock of handles are also dwindling. Production looks to be on hold right now, but hopefully Brian can have another production run before the move.

Sorry for the late follow-up, gang. Let me get to straight to the point: the Charcoal Goods Level 2 won the shootout, but it wasn't by a super wide margin.

I used the .68 plate on Saturday and the .84 plate on Sunday, with the Charcoal and Game Changer each getting half of my face both days. The .84 feels closest to the Level 2 and is the best comparison for closeness.

The Charcoal had a better face feel both days and was a bit more efficient. I kept buffing to a minimum with both razors so I could see how any remaining stubble looked and felt at the end. They both felt about the same, but the Charcoal side looked better in the mirror and I could see that it cut closer, especially on my neck. (I have pale skin and dark coarse stubble, and I never shave against the growth.)

What did I learn? The Game Changer really is a force to be reckoned with, and it could probably be the only razor any of us ever owned if we weren't such fanatics. I also learned that the Charcoal does seem to be the best razor I've tried so far. I think I'll keep the shootout going against my R41 over the next couple of days.

Sorry for the late follow-up, gang. Let me get to straight to the point: the Charcoal Goods Level 2 won the shootout, but it wasn't by a super wide margin.

I used the .68 plate on Saturday and the .84 plate on Sunday, with the Charcoal and Game Changer each getting half of my face both days. The .84 feels closest to the Level 2 and is the best comparison for closeness.

The Charcoal had a better face feel both days and was a bit more efficient. I kept buffing to a minimum with both razors so I could see how any remaining stubble looked and felt at the end. They both felt about the same, but the Charcoal side looked better in the mirror and I could see that it cut closer, especially on my neck. (I have pale skin and dark coarse stubble, and I never shave against the growth.)

What did I learn? The Game Changer really is a force to be reckoned with, and it could probably be the only razor any of us ever owned if we weren't such fanatics. I also learned that the Charcoal does seem to be the best razor I've tried so far. I think I'll keep the shootout going against my R41 over the next couple of days.
We are fanatics, most of us, you got that right.

Yes, I would agree. In fact I will go so far as to say that my GC.84 SB gives me as smooth & efficient a shave as my CG lvl2 SB. However, nothing beats the looks of the CG. Mine is brass with magnum handle.

Top Bottom