What's new

The $1,200.00 Contest

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Most of mine (whenever it arrives) will be going to local restaurants. My favorite 🍜 pho place and one of my sushi places. Probably take a lady friend for a serious pigout on sushi.
I LOVE cooked sushi!

I'm in.

I really wish I wasn't getting any money from the Government. I'm on Social Security disability already getting my own money back, lol.

The lovely War Department and I are in fiscal discussions about this. Her position is to just bank it for a rainy day, or for whenever the Guvmint wants it back. My position is we just give it away.

Our water pump and tank just had to be replaced, but we got a great deal on the repairs, so we didn't miss any meals. We ain't going nowhere so our gasoline envelope is bulging. She ALWAYS has enough food in the pantry to last throughout the zombie apocalypse.
A friend has DELIVERED me at least 5 face cords of Ash and Cherry wood....

I'd feel guilty keeping that $1200, even if it is my own money to begin with. As someone else already said: "easy come easy go!"
Although my opinion doesn't really count, once the money is in your hands, it is yours to do with as you please. We are all going to pay it back in some way; higher taxes, less services, etc. The government doesn't make a dime.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Although my opinion doesn't really count, once the money is in your hands, it is yours to do with as you please. We are all going to pay it back in some way; higher taxes, less services, etc. The government doesn't make a dime.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
True. Lol, I know my wife. She'll give it away before we get it, twice!

I'm WAY blessed. We argue about plenty, but money has never been one of those subjects. We both know from Whom our blessings flow, and we ain't missed any meals or been cold or wet.

Name one person who has it better than me?

Spent a good deal of it on buying NK95 masks and care packages for medical first responder friends, family, and loved ones on the front lines in NY, NJ, and DC.

I'm in!

Mrs. Rookie and I are both still working (although she's working from home). I spent 12 years in as a professional line cook before my circumstances changed. Anyways, half my check went into the bank. The other half was split between a few good friends who are looking for work. And once a week ordering from local places.

I'm in!
Looking to buy a house in the not so distant future so saving most of it for that. Recently picked up a CG lvl 3 and some fancy handles before they sold out. Trying to support some artisans with soap purchases and whatnot!

Ours mostly went straight into savings accounts for the kids. My wife was furloughed for now, but I'm fortunate to still be working. I'm spending more time at home working instead of my usual site visits, but it's work and it pays the bills. Wife set aside a little bit for a few small things for her once they are available again, and we have spent a little more than usual ordering from some local restaurants that are owned by the parents of my daughter's classmates. The boring answer of being as responsible as reasonable while still trying to help others.

I’m in, ours went towards some house projects that we’ve been putting off. Specifically, we landscaped our backyard and built some garage shelves. Renovating the bathrooms will probably happen after everything starts to open back up.

I'm in!

Thanks to being in an essential industry, I have not been impacted greatly by COVID19. In fact, it has helped my finances because I get to work from home 4 days and only have to make the 138 mile round trip once a week... and the bars are closed. But, if/when the check clears, I will buy a few non essential consumables (Noodler’s Firefly Fountain Pen Ink, Carolina Red Flake with Perique, Midleton Irish Whiskey, .223 Rem Ammo, and Captain's Choice Sandalwood Shaving Soap) and a few non essential capital equipment (Captain's Choice Copper Lather Bowl, Clauss US Marine Corps Straight Razor, Peterson Dry System Pipe, and a Franklin Christoph Model 28 Libertas Fountain Pen) which would probably kill the money but anything left will go into the kitty for the purchase of a Ruger Redhawk, S&W 686, or Colt King Cobra, once I've made up my mind. It might be a pretty big kitty by then.

Regards,
Dale

the-winners-are....gif

Time is UP! Random.org has selected the following three winners. If you are a winner simply email me your selection (see opening of this thread for your choices) along with your mailing address. We will get your choice on the way!

The winners are:

Billski

AZBronko

Secret_Squirrel2

Congratulations to our three winners and we do thank each one of you for participating!

~ The Captain

View attachment 1091074

Time is UP! Random.org has selected the following three winners. If you are a winner simply email me your selection (see opening of this thread for your choices) along with your mailing address. We will get your choice on the way!

The winners are:

Billski

AZBronko

Secret_Squirrel2

Congratulations to our three winners and we do thank each one of you for participating!

~ The Captain
Wow! Thanks so much!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Congratulations to the winners and a big thanks to Scott for another awesome Giveaway!!!!

Top Bottom