What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

I acquired a Feather AS-D2 today along with a Simpsons Chubby 1 in Best.

What a fine razor this is! I had RAD and was hankering after one but some reviews saying it was too mild put me off a little. So instead of the Feather I bought a Rex Envoy. Another really great razor but it didn't set me alight.

With the current Coroavirus situation limiting travel my upcoming trip to Sweden got cancelled and I got a refund of my travel costs that i'd paid out. So with a pile of money burning a hole in my pocket I did what all you guys would do.

I bought the Feather AS-D2 and a Simpsons Chubby 1 brush. What a beautiful pair of items these are.

So I shaved with the Feather tonight and I wish i'd bought it right out and left the Rex to be honest. I'll likely keep the Rex but the Feather is beautiful and very intuitive in it's use. I'm a very happy man right now.

The Chubby 1? Well it's one of my grail brushes and I'm really stoked to have it. Not the most expensive brush I get the feeling it's gonna keep me company for many many years to come.

I acquired a Feather AS-D2 today along with a Simpsons Chubby 1 in Best.

What a fine razor this is! I had RAD and was hankering after one but some reviews saying it was too mild put me off a little. So instead of the Feather I bought a Rex Envoy. Another really great razor but it didn't set me alight.

With the current Coroavirus situation limiting travel my upcoming trip to Sweden got cancelled and I got a refund of my travel costs that i'd paid out. So with a pile of money burning a hole in my pocket I did what all you guys would do.

I bought the Feather AS-D2 and a Simpsons Chubby 1 brush. What a beautiful pair of items these are.

So I shaved with the Feather tonight and I wish i'd bought it right out and left the Rex to be honest. I'll likely keep the Rex but the Feather is beautiful and very intuitive in it's use. I'm a very happy man right now.

The Chubby 1? Well it's one of my grail brushes and I'm really stoked to have it. Not the most expensive brush I get the feeling it's gonna keep me company for many many years to come.

Both are very fine choices, congrats on both razor and brush! - I have owned both and both could serve as your only razor/brush till the end of time :thumbup1:

Only twenty safety razor..

Screenshot_20200422_040058.jpg

IMG-20200421-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20200421-WA0007.jpg

Just ordered a Timeless Aluminum.45. I love my Timeless Bronze SB 0.38 so I thought I’d get another Timeless. I’ll post pictures when it arrives...waiting is the hardest part.
I will read you comments with interest! I also am a fan of the Timeless Bronze and I have wondered about the aluminum version.

I will read you comments with interest! I also am a fan of the Timeless Bronze and I have wondered about the aluminum version.
I’ll keep you posted. It will be fun to adapt between the different weights of these razors. Let’s hope I don’t pull a Sweeney Todd.

On a lazy Sunday I got lured (yes, blame someone, thats it Peter :LMS ) into doubling my L’Essor collection.

One of the most eye pleasing razor designs I ever saw, like the Supreme a hefty, bulky, sturdy and industrial appearance. And even ‘adjustable’ as the sides are asymmetrical defined by the cap. What tipped me over the edge was that it is in awesome condition, almost NOS, and complete with an original (though very basic) Essor branded plastic case.

The razor is marked - like many other French DE razors of the period - with "CSCF", standing for "Chambre syndicale des Couteliers de France" (Union Chamber of the French Cutlers).

325BF0CC-EF65-48A2-93C8-A1B3F89ACB2D.jpeg
DE6FA938-10CD-493D-BED1-BCBEBC42A193.png
4C37C0B2-950F-4F47-BD4C-5DB3A5815EDC.jpeg

On a lazy Sunday I got lured (yes, blame someone, thats it Peter :LMS ) into doubling my L’Essor collection.

One of the most eye pleasing razor designs I ever saw, like the Supreme a hefty, bulky, sturdy and industrial appearance. And even ‘adjustable’ as the sides are asymmetrical defined by the cap. What tipped me over the edge was that it is in awesome condition, almost NOS, and complete with an original (though very basic) Essor branded plastic case.

The razor is marked - like many other French DE razors of the period - with "CSCF", standing for "Chambre syndicale des Couteliers de France" (Union Chamber of the French Cutlers).

View attachment 1092079View attachment 1092080View attachment 1092078
Another amazing acquisition, Peter.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

View attachment 1092079View attachment 1092080View attachment 1092078
Love the baseplate!

I'm on a bit of Tech kick at the moment. This is a 40's Made in England tech I got a couple of weeks ago. I just got around to cleaning it.

When comparing to pics on Mr. Razor it looks like an Australia Tech No. 77. I did purchase it from England on the bay. So I'm not totally sure if it was made for Australia and never made it down under, or if it was just sold in England.

Attachments

• A6D9574C-6DF7-465F-97E3-76A893AE212D.JPG
    A6D9574C-6DF7-465F-97E3-76A893AE212D.JPG
    555 KB · Views: 34
  • CFBE6725-B886-4571-B185-91612B408AEC.JPG
    CFBE6725-B886-4571-B185-91612B408AEC.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 34
  • BF5D56EB-C7BE-4135-A0F6-FAB7818ADAF3.JPG
    BF5D56EB-C7BE-4135-A0F6-FAB7818ADAF3.JPG
    398.1 KB · Views: 29
  • FE6BAE80-FC39-4060-B0C7-CD3A6FC3DAAE.JPG
    FE6BAE80-FC39-4060-B0C7-CD3A6FC3DAAE.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 26
R

romsitsa

I'm on a bit of Tech kick at the moment. This is a 40's Made in England tech I got a couple of weeks ago. I just got around to cleaning it.

When comparing to pics on Mr. Razor it looks like an Australia Tech No. 77. I did purchase it from England on the bay. So I'm not totally sure if it was made for Australia and never made it down under, or if it was just sold in England.

Hello, it's a post war No 77 set, iirc introduced in 1947. It was sold everywhere, where the British company was in charge.

Adam

Top Bottom