What's new

Green beans and potatoes

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm pretty sure I've eaten chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans more times than I've eaten much anything else.

But are you talking about frying them all up in a skillet?

My wife chops potatoes, adds in green beans and then chops up a ring sausage. Tosses it all in an electric skillet. She splashes some ACV on her's, I give it a hard pass.

No just put (I used canned) green beans and potatoes in a pot, maybe some ham.Then cook until the potatoes are done..

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I'm pretty sure I've eaten chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans more times than I've eaten much anything else.

But are you talking about frying them all up in a skillet?
It’s a Texas thang!!!
Chicken Fried Steak with cream gravy
Green Beans with bacon and diced tomato
Mashed potatoes

mana from heaven

Green Beans (fresh), onions, new potatoes , garlic, chicken broth, and Smoked Andouille sausage that you put in pot first. ( add a dash or 2 of Aged Balsamic Vinegar)

A staple at a South Louisiana Coonass Deer Camp.

I love that combo with cream gravy, but can't get a decent one in NJ. On our trips to KY to visit my wife's family, it's the first meal I order once we make our first stop in Ohio. I also make it my last vacation meal before we head back home.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Green Beans (fresh), onions, new potatoes , garlic, chicken broth, and Smoked Andouille sausage that you put in pot first. ( add a dash or 2 of Aged Balsamic Vinegar)

A staple at a South Louisiana Coonass Deer Camp.

I've had that sort of thing many times, too (more often after knocking birds out of the sky, though).

Potatoes and greens (spinach, kale, collards, etc.) is a classic combo., such as Colcannon from Ireland and Palak Aloo from India. Very nutritious, too.

Usually the first potatoes dug out of the garden are at the Same time as I pick the first mess of beans . Grab a few green onions. Cook on low ,add smoked sausage about 1/2 way through cooking
Equals
a happy hillbilly.

Top Bottom