What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

I got these cleaned up today,

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Can't wait to try them!

I did end up shaving with the Richmond last week and forgot to post.
Shave was very pleasant for a 99 year old razor. It felt like my slim on about 5 or 6.
Very close shave with nice heft to this thing.
I am really looking forward to shaving with a hundred year old razor next year.
What really caught my attention was the warmth of the brass against my face. It felt VERY good!
It is heavier than my slim and the super adjustable in the photo(which I didn't shave with).
I gave it to my neighbor to try and if he likes it I will tell him to keep it so I will never know:( but happy to give him something he enjoys.
If he still prefers carts then I will chime in with my thoughts once I get to use it.
I assume it is the same as my slim but with a slightly longer handle.

R

romsitsa

A “heavy” Rotbart. The crimp of the base plate was missing and the handle has massive cracks (everything was very off around the head, QC at its finest). Made an insert for the neck and had to replace the base plate as I messed up the original. Not a looker, but it works and love that handle.

067DD131-C591-4951-913E-5F0757F91C7F.jpeg

Adam

Too lazy to take a pic, largely cuz we all know what they look like.

A "good" condition Gillette Red Tip came my way on Monday. Some minor spotting and wear on the red, but plating is largely in good shape for an original. Much better condition than my SS, not as good as my Gem/EverReady's.

Only one shave with it so far, so no strong opinions. It felt "effortless" almost to a detriment with the Wizamet Super Iridium Blade.

A “heavy” Rotbart. The crimp of the base plate was missing and the handle has massive cracks (everything was very off around the head, QC at its finest). Made an insert for the neck and had to replace the base plate as I messed up the original. Not a looker, but it works and love that handle.

View attachment 1087110

Adam

Adam you are a wizard. If I ever get stuck on a desert island I hope you are there too to make us survive!

I think I was looking at the lot that contained that razor. (I was hoping nobody else would notice) Excellent score!

Yup, you are right that was the one :adoration: Me, I have long since given up hoping that people won’t notice, haha. And the number of followers of an auction rarely points to how high it will go. This one a good example. Thanks, Jeff!

I pulled the trigger on 2 Gillette slims

And

What do you think of the condition of the 2 razors ?

View attachment 1087110

Adam

Very cool Adam. You always do good work. I was seriously impressed with that Single Ring as well.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too lazy to take a pic, largely cuz we all know what they look like.

A "good" condition Gillette Red Tip came my way on Monday. Some minor spotting and wear on the red, but plating is largely in good shape for an original. Much better condition than my SS, not as good as my Gem/EverReady's.

Only one shave with it so far, so no strong opinions. It felt "effortless" almost to a detriment with the Wizamet Super Iridium Blade.

A Red Tip and a vintage Polsilver Super Iridium sounds like a great combo. Both of those shave tools are top of the line. Good Show on the score and the shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom