What's new

What happened to the Blackland Tradere?

Just curious. I remember seeing it would be out before Christmas. It's almost February. I wonder if there were snags in production?

good god man they didn't say what Christmas did they we have another one coming around in less than 12 months cant you wait ?
LOL!

Christmas definitely comes around too soon.

I'm not sure I'm even going to buy one. I was a fan of the original Tradere, but I haven't used a DE in 5 months. So I'm totally OK with a delay in production. I was just trying to find out what was going on with it. Apparently I have no life.....

good god man they didn't say what Christmas did they we have another one coming around in less than 12 months cant you wait ?

This guy gets it.

A couple things are causing the delay. The first is just that new projects always take longer than anticipated. It's hard to predict a timeline for something you've never made. Still, my timeline would've been pretty close if not for the second cause which is the machining issues that impacted the entire line of Blackland products in the last quarter of 2019.

Here's where things sit. All top caps, handles, and SB plates have been machined. OC plates are in progress and will be wrapped up very soon. In the background we've been testing polishing procedures and getting engraving set up. Packaging is underway. Once machining is complete they'll roll right into finishing and engraving. At some point in this process I expect to have a couple sent out for reviews. I'll also be making a decision on pre-orders once we get close.

No ETA, but we're pushing and it'll be done when it's done. Most importantly, when it's done it'll be perfect.

This guy gets it.

A couple things are causing the delay. The first is just that new projects always take longer than anticipated. It's hard to predict a timeline for something you've never made. Still, my timeline would've been pretty close if not for the second cause which is the machining issues that impacted the entire line of Blackland products in the last quarter of 2019.

Here's where things sit. All top caps, handles, and SB plates have been machined. OC plates are in progress and will be wrapped up very soon. In the background we've been testing polishing procedures and getting engraving set up. Packaging is underway. Once machining is complete they'll roll right into finishing and engraving. At some point in this process I expect to have a couple sent out for reviews. I'll also be making a decision on pre-orders once we get close.

No ETA, but we're pushing and it'll be done when it's done. Most importantly, when it's done it'll be perfect.

Last line is why none of us mind waiting, Shane. I know these are gonna be sick.

This guy gets it.

Thanks for the update, Shane. I'm sure they will be awesome.

Shane, did you change the lather slots? I can't be sure but it seems to me that my original razor only had two lather slots on each side.

My memory could also be faulty, though.

Top Bottom