What's new

2020-2024 Leap Year Restraint/2020s Restraint (10 years)

Hey @jamesearthdrum how does one go about creating a wiki page?
Well once the updating is completed on the Shave Wiki there will be an icon at the top of the site main page that says Shave Wiki or just Wiki. The icon is not there now during the site maintenance. When it reappears click on it and it will take you to the Wiki pages. From there you should be able to create your page. It's been several years since I did mine so I'm a little foggy on the procedure. I remember it not being difficult. There are also a ton of pages with greta info there.

My first shave with Tabac and it was amazing. This soap will stay in my rotation. Excellent lather quickly: 30 sec load time with my Shave Forge boar knot, about 30 secs in the scuttle and an explosion of lather. The lather was thick and slick. I also really like the smell and LOTH liked it as well, right off the puck. After shaving for the last month with MdC, I put Tabac right up there with it.

The razor is the Parker semi slant with a Personna comfort coated blades on its 6th shave.

Yep, Arko and Tabac, it just doesn’t get any better than this.

proxy.php

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

Well another item almost done. Haslinger puck is on its last shave or two. Next up is a shaving cream i got in Greece and a can of Proraso for when the weather gets warmer.

Attachments

• 9B4FB097-612D-4771-A8F9-7BCBBA79B248.jpeg
    9B4FB097-612D-4771-A8F9-7BCBBA79B248.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
The Tube's

A Whopper

35 Cents
Roughly the same as the Feather blade I tried (and disliked) which means that I am slowly running out of blades to test and will need some blades in the next month or so.
Turns out that the blades in my first trial set were nearly completely wrong (either in plastic containers, which I won't buy, or too expensive, or bad), so I'll start a new trial with different blades that should suit me better.

Still in, "buy to replace" ruleset.

Hi,

Tomorrow, we find out where the list of these things came from. I always wondered about that myself.

Stan

Hi,

Oh, it said in the jingle: free jingle book. They would hand out books periodically with all the jingles used on the signs when you bought a jar. My list is just a compilation of all of them over the decades. I used it as a database for a simple program which just randomly grabbed one and displayed it in a cadence on a computer screen at boot time.

Stan

Top Bottom