What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

I have just completed and listed another batch of burl and resin brush handles. I have a couple more to finish up, then these hybrid handles will be done for a while. There is a great selection, please check them out.

Amboyna Burl and resin - 24mm
[Image: iVKFTLh.jpg]

Buckeye Burl and Resin - 24mm
[Image: xl82AIW.jpg]

Spalted French Boxwood and Resin - 26mm
[Image: rat17oT.jpg]

Papaturro Burl and Resin - 26mm
[Image: Qy38psc.jpg]

Spalted French Boxwood and Burl - 26mm
[Image: F3P9m1Y.jpg]

Mesquite Burl and Resin - 24mm
[Image: OFAPuQo.jpg]

Papaturro Burl and Resin - 24mm
[Image: Dsn4PC3.jpg]

Madagascar Plum Burl and Resin - 26mm
[Image: mv0vh3i.jpg]

Buckeye Burl and Resin - 26mm
[Image: vgvbeyD.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

I've just completed a few new brushes and they have now been listed and are available on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Red/Pink and Purple Resin - 26mm
[Image: MiVxG6W.jpg]

Chestnut Brown, Copper and Mesquite Burl - 26mm
[Image: kaCVk5l.jpg]

Green, Silver and Amboyna Burl - 26mm
[Image: YCouREA.jpg]

Red, Silver and Papaturro Burl - 26mm
[Image: 8bGpuuI.jpg]

Blue, Gold and Madagascar Plum Burl - 26mm
[Image: hBDo6VQ.jpg]

Blue, Gold and Amboyna Burl - 24mm
[Image: miX61OJ.jpg]

Bob

I've been working on this razor for a while and finally got it finished. The handle is a fusion of Silver and Gold and may be set up with either Mach 3 or a Fusion fittings. Additionally, I can orient the handle with the flare at the head, as shown in the Mach 3 picture, or at the tail, as shown in the Fusion picture. Both are very comfortable to hold but visually present very differently.

Mach 3
[Image: kUzpDy1.jpg]

Fusion
[Image: NcAJUZG.jpg]

Bob

I've been thinking about this brush for a couple of months and just got around to building it. It is Ivory over Kansas Sky and it came out beautifully.

It is currently cut to accept a 24mm knot (as shown), but there is enough material that I can open it up to accept a 26mm knot.

[Image: tGS5tBq.jpg]
[Image: 2tP1mlu.jpg]

Bob

During the current state of events we are all facing, I urge all of you to take care of yourselves and your families.

I have been spending much of my time in my shop building new razor and brush handles and have a great inventory of beautiful pieces that are filling my shelf space while waiting for a new home.

Below are some new pieces that I just finished today and are now listed and available on my site.

English Yew (24mm)

While cleaning out my shop a couple of weeks ago, I came across this piece of wood that had apparently been drying behind a box in the corner of my shop for over 7 years (I know I should clean my shop more often, but my every other Leap Year schedule turns the task into a bit of a Easter Egg hunt and I'm always surprised at what turns up).

Yew trees are some of the oldest trees in the world. Some are claimed to be 2,000 – 3,000 years old. Because of their longevity, they were often revered as sacred trees in ancient times with worship site built near them or in groves of Yew. The trees were symbols of everlasting life. Vast Yew forests covered many parts of ancient Europe. Yew wood was very valuable for tools of all kind and especially for the longbow weapon. It made the best bows because of the wonderful hardness and flexibility of the Yew wood. Even Robin Hood and his band made longbows and staffs from Yews found in Sherwood Forest.

[Image: 8M16BdF.jpg]

Black and Gold Leaf (26mm)
[Image: hjmx1hp.jpg]

Emerald Green and Gold Leaf (26mm)
[Image: uiu8Lbl.jpg]

Bob

I have just added the two new stone brushes shown below to my site.

Please remember that 40% of the purchase price of each handle will be donated to The Giving Kitchen, a non-profit organization, in your name.

Azurite and Malachite (24mm)
[Image: Sjrf6hO.jpg]

Wild Horse Jasper - (26mm)
[Image: jdzk7JQ.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking and for your support.

Bob

First, and foremost, I want to thank those of you who have donated to The Giving Kitchen through your purchase of a brush or razor handle. I appreciate your support of this great organization.

Remember, through May 31st, 40% of the purchase price of your handle will be donated in your name to The Giving Kitchen.

I was able to wrap up a couple more brushes today that have just been listed on my site.

Blue Lapis (24mm)
[Image: tjY1MEv.jpg]

Speckled Amber (26mm)
[Image: BEr4aQw.jpg]

Bob

I have just added the brush shown below to my site. This handle can be adjusted to accept either a 24mm or 26mm knot.

This is a handcrafted handle made from Madagascar Plum burl, which is native to Africa and some warmer areas in Asia. The wood is very hard and the burl has a lattice work of voids throughout. This wood in virtually unknown in the marketplace and the burls are exceptionally rare. The leaves and root are used as a treatment for snakebite and the bark is believed to be effective in relieving arthritis. The tree is relatively small and is used as a hedge plant. This piece of Madagascar Plum burl was combined with a transparent Neo-Resin with iridescent blue trails running through it to create this stunning piece.

Please remember that 40% of the purchase price of each handle will be donated to The Giving Kitchen, a non-profit organization, in your name.

Madagascar Plum Burl and Resin (24mm - 26mm)

[Image: 2xGvtD1.jpg]

As always, thanks for your support of The Giving Kitchen. It is truly appreciated.

Bob

I finished the three Resin and Burl brushes shown below this afternoon. They have just been listed and are available on my site.

Resin and Maple Burl (24mm)
[Image: w6iDzj8.jpg]

Resin and Mesquite Burl (24mm)
[Image: 38wgkKS.jpg]

Resin and Maple Burl (24mm)
[Image: xo30xr5.jpg]

Bob

I have been trying out some new shapes and colors and these are the first two to make it to completion. Both have a beautiful shimmer when the light hits them that is hard to properly capture in these pictures. They have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Brown/Green and White (26mm)
[Image: qMuqeUr.jpg]

Bob

Bob, thank you for my beautiful brush! I'm really looking forward to using it! I thought the Mother Lode knot would look great in this handle, and I think I was right! Also, the travel "case"/bag you provided is a nice touch.

ERMotherLode.jpg

ERToken.jpg

Not much else to do these days but play in the shop. I've finished up several new brushes and have a number more in progress. These beauties have been listed and are available on my site.

Black over Green Resin with an Arizona Jade accent band (26mm)

[Image: kz40XMD.jpg]

Burnt Purpleheart (26mm)
[Image: PFxQwPS.jpg]

Burl and Resin (24mm)
[Image: cNAFuF9.jpg]

Burl and Resin (24mm)
[Image: w26Ss8S.jpg]

Burl and Resin (24mm)
[Image: pfca9Nw.jpg]

Bob

Hey Bob,

Any totals as to how much you were able to donate from brush sales so far? I'm glad to have contributed via buying two handles.

I finished 3 very special brushes today and have just listed them on my site. I've been working recently on building several segmented pieces that are comprised of differing materials where each enhance the other.

Please remember that 40% of the sale price will be donated to the non-profit organization The Giving Kitchen, which provides support to those in the food service industry (chefs, wait staff, bartenders, etc.) that have been impacted by the recent closures. The donation will be made in your name and you will receive a receipt for your donation directly from The Giving Kitchen.

Walnut Burl and Silver/Black Resin (26mm)
[Image: CC2C5YU.jpg]

Ivory and Copper Laced Onyx (26mm)
[Image: RyPpw81.jpg]

Amboyna Burl and Larimar (24mm)
[Image: 7iZsKcO.jpg]

Thanks for looking and for your support. I appreciate it.

Bob

I finished up a couple of new pieces today that I've been working on for a while. They are now listed and available on my site.

Honduran Rosewood with Bloody Basin Jasper (24 - 26mm)
[Image: SzuhlOC.jpg]

Irish Bog Oak with Silver Rings
[Image: 3Dip5CZ.jpg]

I've had lots of time in the shop over the past several weeks and have a great selection of brush and razor handles listed at www.eliterazor.com. I wanted to re-introduce you to just a few of the beautiful handles I have on my shelf waiting for a new home. From left to right, Cherry Burl, Fire and Ice, Chesnut Brown over Gold flake and Buckeye Burl.
[Image: 1VeAjO0.jpg]

Bob

Top Bottom