What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

Eh, I'll play some Tetris. See what I forgot I even have.
IMG_20200406_155609.jpg

I was able to actually organize what went into each box by type and put all the same things in the same box and label the outside better instead of digging through three boxes labeled VA...
IMG_20200406_202003.jpg

Jars are on the floor under the dress shirts I never wear. I also was able to get rid of a few boxes and it fit on the shelf better. I then finally set up my pipe rack after four years. A lot of the pipes I have never smoked but I got them as part of a bundle. A few more pipes are in my car or work bag.

Now if I would smoke through the 40 open jars I have....
IMG_20200406_211506.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I was able to actually organize what went into each box by type and put all the same things in the same box and label the outside better instead of digging through three boxes labeled VA...
View attachment 1083601
Jars are on the floor under the dress shirts I never wear. I also was able to get rid of a few boxes and it fit on the shelf better. I then finally set up my pipe rack after four years. A lot of the pipes I have never smoked but I got them as part of a bundle. A few more pipes are in my car or work bag.

Now if I would smoke through the 40 open jars I have....View attachment 1083602

I wish I didn’t have a bunch of open jars as well. I’m trying to smoke through them all before opening anything new but it’s hard.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I wish I didn’t have a bunch of open jars as well. I’m trying to smoke through them all before opening anything new but it’s hard.

When I was at my peak, I had about ten to twelve blends open at any given time. For the past year or so, I like to keep about four to six blends open.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
When I was at my peak, I had about ten to twelve blends open at any given time. For the past year or so, I like to keep about four to six blends open.

That’s my goal dude. I actually have tobacco anxiety trying to decide what blend to smoke, then pipe anxiety deciding what pipe to smoke it in. Then tamper anxiety choosing a tamper. Then I totally lose it trying to find my lighter. Don’t ask me what happens when said lighter is out of fuel. :lol:

I'm slightly envious of the now retired owner of my local shop. He smokes Cusano 18 or Punch/Padro Coronas and Only smokes London Squire or 3 Friars in his pipes. He will on occasion have some Pembroke, especially since I gave him 4 oz at Christmas. But yeah, reach for a pipe and it is either the english or non english.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yiannos Kokkinos posted this on the Artisan Pipe Facebook page (dangerous place). I made the mistake of asking if he do that except in a quarter bent. Damn, why do I ask these questions? :lol:
32715A60-C9CC-4CDB-8CE6-AE2A142FB570.jpeg

Newb here checking in. I smoked reds from 14-22, now I’m 24 and into pipes. Found this hobby enjoyable so far with my corn cob. I enjoy singing i yam what i yam while i puff on my pipe in a rocker. Was wanting to “upgrade” but am unsure of what to invest in. I was liking the look of a lot of the peterson pipes but still have to find out what the advantages are between wood types. Feel free to message me if you know anything or feel like I should! Haha

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Post your question f
Newb here checking in. I smoked reds from 14-22, now I’m 24 and into pipes. Found this hobby enjoyable so far with my corn cob. I enjoy singing i yam what i yam while i puff on my pipe in a rocker. Was wanting to “upgrade” but am unsure of what to invest in. I was liking the look of a lot of the peterson pipes but still have to find out what the advantages are between wood types. Feel free to message me if you know anything or feel like I should! Haha

Hi! Start a new thread in the forums below. We love helping new pipers and you will get a lot more response than asking through PM’s :).

Peterson’s are great pipes brw imo :).

Hey. I've been on the shaving part for a little bit, but stumbled down here recently. I've come to the conclusion that I think I'm ready for a pipe. I think this coming weekend, I'm hitting my local drugstore for a cob on my way to my nearest local (and open) tobacconist. From lurking around, I think a cob is the way to go starting off. While at the tobacconist, I figure an ounce or two of the basic families and see what I like.

Hey. I've been on the shaving part for a little bit, but stumbled down here recently. I've come to the conclusion that I think I'm ready for a pipe. I think this coming weekend, I'm hitting my local drugstore for a cob on my way to my nearest local (and open) tobacconist. From lurking around, I think a cob is the way to go starting off. While at the tobacconist, I figure an ounce or two of the basic families and see what I like.
Start your own thread or read through some other people's threads asking the same thing. We love to help new people and share the experience and Zen of pipe smoking.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

You got it. Welcome and enjoy the journey. Ask lots of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom