What's new

What Tea/Tisane Are You Drinking?

I don't get the reference. :001_unsur

Did you try it yet? What do you think of it? So far, in my (small) sampling of folks around me, 100% of the men liked the smokiness and 100% of the women hated the scent (wouldn't touch the stuff) and compared it to dirty, smelly shoes. :lol:

Latakia is a form of pipe tobacco; I used to love blends that included it back in the day when I smoked a pipe: Latakia tobacco is a specially prepared tobacco originally produced in Syria and named after the port city of Latakia. Now the tobacco is mainly produced in Cyprus. It is initially sun-cured like other Turkish tobaccos and then further cured over controlled fires of aromatic woods and fragrant herbs, which gives it an intense smokey-peppery taste and smell.

I guess that is a pretty good comparison to Lapsang Souchong. Oddly, I tried a new LS from Yunnan Sourcing and it's quite bland to my nose/tongue. More than that, if I wasn't looking for it, I'd probably not even notice the very faint hint of smokiness in it. Buyer's remorse on that; it's drinkable, but going to be a long ~250g. Just goes to show that you have to get samples of everything, even if you (think you) like that type of tea. :sad:

I guess that is a pretty good comparison to Lapsang Souchong. Oddly, I tried a new LS from Yunnan Sourcing and it's quite bland to my nose/tongue. More than that, if I wasn't looking for it, I'd probably not even notice the very faint hint of smokiness in it. Buyer's remorse on that; it's drinkable, but going to be a long ~250g. Just goes to show that you have to get samples of everything, even if you (think you) like that type of tea. :sad:
Katherine Heagerty (spelling?) from Silk Road Teas has provided me with samples in the past. I order all my teas from them and it has been a match made in heaven ever since I discovered a really rich Imperial Red that they had at the time.

Harney & Sons Scottish Morn.

proxy.php

I have prepared my morning tea the tao of tea: jasmine pearls unfortunately I'm out of my spring water I used to use a thermometer to get my proper temperature now I go by sight and feeling the water and aroma during infusion. I use a Pyrex quart measuring cup and a fine-mesh strainer and a chopstick or agitation halfway through the infusion process.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have prepared my morning tea the tao of tea: jasmine pearls unfortunately I'm out of my spring water I used to use a thermometer to get my proper temperature now I go by sight and feeling the water and aroma during infusion. I use a Pyrex quart measuring cup and a fine-mesh strainer and a chopstick or agitation halfway through the infusion process.

I do love a good jasmine tea (and I've been doing so even during the intervening two years since I last posted to that effect).

Thanks for reviving the thread!

I do love a good jasmine tea (and I've been doing so even during the intervening two years since I last posted to that effect).

Thanks for reviving the thread!
Your welcome I'm happy to revive the thread also have you ever used a fine loose leave infusion as a post shave rinse ? I know some products have green or white tea in them. Just occured to me maybe you could use it post shave? Sorry if this isn't in the right thread.

IMG_2604.JPG

Decaf, sacrilege I know but I have my reasons. This tea is good but unlikely to make my regular rotation. Churchill's does have some excellent offerings.

On a whim, I got an aged oolong tea harvested in 1966. Interesting tea. Strong and woody with notes of dried plum.

This is only the 2nd well-aged tea I have had. The first was a vintage puerh at a tea tasting. In my opinion, properly aged tea tastes very good, but not so good that it justifies the high price.

Top Bottom