What's new

Pelikans

Well, it isn't dry but neither would I say it's wet in the way a medium or an xf is. I can't say more generally - perhaps others can jump in?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Thanks for your replies. I am currently researching via YouTubes wet broad nibs in Visconti, Pelikan and Aurora.
I thought Aurora was on the drier side, at least compared to most European makes. You know, most nibmeisters retail high end pens and can tune the nib any way you like it. Of course, you could send it in aftermarket too. How a nib is tuned from the factory is really a minor consideration these days.

I thought Aurora was on the drier side, at least compared to most European makes. You know, most nibmeisters retail high end pens and can tune the nib any way you like it. Of course, you could send it in aftermarket too. How a nib is tuned from the factory is really a minor consideration these days.

You may be right on the Aurora being the drier of the 3 mentioned. You know how YouTube is, the views are all over the map. I know Visconti, particularly the Broad Nib in their HomoSapian Line is suppose to be wet, again, according to the YouTube Videos, lol. Thanks for your recommendation on the Nibmeisters offering Higher end FP's and tuning the nibs,.

Are Pelikan Broad nibs generally juicy/wet particularly in the m800/805, m1000 line, I hear so? Thanks

I've had 2 recently, a medium and a broad. They were both on the juicy side I`d say. But the broad came to me with a case of baby's bottom, so it's getting tweaked as I type this. I'll have to see how it arrives back from the nibmeister. I did request a slightly juicy nib...

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Thanks for your replies. I am currently researching via YouTubes wet broad nibs in Visconti, Pelikan and Aurora.
The pen I've been using for over a year now is my 1958 Aurora 888P. It's a wet writer and can sit unused for moths and start up immediately. Aurora no longer makes the cartridges or converters for it but the Platinum cartridges, converters and adapter to use Standard International cartridges work. It's by far the longest continuous use fountain pen I own.

proxy.php

I have an M200 with an italic nib. It’s not a very good italic and I’d like to replace the nib. Replacement nibs for that pen seem hard to come by.

I have an M200 with an italic nib. It’s not a very good italic and I’d like to replace the nib. Replacement nibs for that pen seem hard to come by.
You mean replace it with another italic nib, or just any pelikan m200 nib?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Good morning, as we are speaking of Pelikans I have a vintage 120 Type 1 and a, maybe, M250 of more recent origin, maybe 1998-1999

Reading on thepelikansperch[.]com website the pen seems to be an M250
Barrel black, crown cap dark blue. Nib M with incision 14C-585 which dates it to Post-1997
Grey transprent window, at least this is what it looks like.

Is this really an M250 ?

Pen3.jpg
Pen2.jpg
Pen1_1.jpg

Top Bottom