What's new

The MMA Thread

Wow, this guy never learns...

According to arresting officer Brian Johnson, gunshots were heard after 1 a.m. on Thursday in Albuquerque, and officers responded to the scene. They found Jones in his vehicle, where Jones claimed he was unaware of shots fired. Upon questioning, Jones admitted he had been driving, while officers took note of his potential intoxication. He was given a sobriety test, which led to a Breathalyzer where he blew over two times above the legal limit.

When searching his vehicle, the police found a handgun under the driver’s seat, as well as a partially-empty bottle of Recuerdo -- the tequila brand launched by fellow UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal -- behind the passenger seat. Jones was subsequently charged with aggravated DWI, the negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container at that time. When checking his information, the police also discovered he was driving an uninsured vehicle, or at least one that did not have its papers in the confines of the vehicle.

This is far from Jones’ first brush with the law throughout his career. Most recently, Jones was charged with battery from an incident in a strip club on July 2019. He has also been involved with multiple vehicle-related offenses, including drag racing in 2016 and a hit-and-run of a pregnant woman in 2015. In 2012, he crashed his Bentley into a telephone pole and was charged with a DWI in New York.

Inside the Octagon, Jones last competed at UFC 247, where he won a contentious decision over Dominick Reyes. In victory, he set or extended a litany of records in the UFC’s light heavyweight division, including most wins and championship triumphs. Since his no-contest against Daniel Cormier in 2017 that was overturned due to a failed drug test, Jones returned in December 2018 and has won each of his four appearances. Jones currently does not have his next fight booked.

Contender for worst person in the UFC. Greg Hardy also up there.

I'm moving on from this fight. I doubt it'll happen. It may be pushed back. But apparently justin geathje has been nominated as a replacement.

If they reschedule tony vs khabib. The world might have to deal with an asteroid. This fight isn't meant to happen gentlemen.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1585686601588.png

... in Russia, apparently.

UFC superstar Jon Jones has pled guilty to driving while intoxicated stemming from a March 26 arrest in New Mexico, officials tell TMZ Sports.

The reigning UFC light heavyweight champ has struck a deal with prosecutors in which he agreed to 1-year supervised probation. The sentence has not yet been approved by a judge but that's just a matter of time at this point.

As part of the deal, Jones will serve 96 hours in a community custody program -- which is a form of incarceration, but not in a traditional jail cell. We're told it's similar to house arrest. He will wear an ankle monitor, which allows authorities to make sure he doesn't leave his residence unless he has permission.

Officials say Jones will be ordered to "complete a minimum of 90 day out-patient treatment, maximum fines and fees, community service and all other requirements of reporting to probation."

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, officials are allowing Jones to participate in the outpatient program via video conferencing.

As for the community service, Jones must complete 48 total hours.

Jones must also install an ignition interlock device in any vehicle he operates -- which requires him to complete a breathalyzer (to test for alcohol) before the car will start.

He keeps getting away with crimes.

Legion

Staff member
UFC superstar Jon Jones has pled guilty to driving while intoxicated stemming from a March 26 arrest in New Mexico, officials tell TMZ Sports.

The reigning UFC light heavyweight champ has struck a deal with prosecutors in which he agreed to 1-year supervised probation. The sentence has not yet been approved by a judge but that's just a matter of time at this point.

As part of the deal, Jones will serve 96 hours in a community custody program -- which is a form of incarceration, but not in a traditional jail cell. We're told it's similar to house arrest. He will wear an ankle monitor, which allows authorities to make sure he doesn't leave his residence unless he has permission.

Officials say Jones will be ordered to "complete a minimum of 90 day out-patient treatment, maximum fines and fees, community service and all other requirements of reporting to probation."

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, officials are allowing Jones to participate in the outpatient program via video conferencing.

As for the community service, Jones must complete 48 total hours.

Jones must also install an ignition interlock device in any vehicle he operates -- which requires him to complete a breathalyzer (to test for alcohol) before the car will start.

He keeps getting away with crimes.
He's wealthy.

The fact that he has to do house arrest while so many of the rest of us are doing quarantine lockdown in, i'm sure, much smaller houses, makes me face palm.

This guy has such a history doing this sort of thing. At least he didn't crash into anyone this time.

Legion

Staff member
AAANNNDDD..... Disney have pulled the pin on UFC 249. That’s all, folks.

You have to give it to Dana. He tried everything he could to make it happen.

Legion

Staff member
main event, pretty great!

How weird was it not having the crowd? After I got used to it I kind of liked it. You could hear all the noises and team comments and so on.

main event, pretty great!

How weird was it not having the crowd? After I got used to it I kind of liked it. You could hear all the noises and team comments and so on.
It reminded me a bit of Pride fighting championships back in the day with how quiet it was.

I didn't mind it either. Justin's punches were so loud.

Top Bottom