What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

I watched Blade Runner 2049 the night before last and found it a bit heavy going, in a Tarkovsky, this is going nowhere but I know it's good film making kind of way. I'll give it another go.

This was the opposite.

Very violent, very silly, buy easy to watch and a lot of fun.

8342F4BF-04FB-4390-BF98-316B33BD1018.jpeg

We've watched several. The Poughkeepsie Tpes, a very violent horror mockumentary. Swallow, a very gripping drama about an odd addiction. Finally The 36th Chamber of Shaolin Kung Fu, kind of self explanatory.

Try Dog Soldiers if you havent seen it.

Thanks for the reminder. I watched my old dvd of Dog Soldiers this morning when my wife was soaking in the bath. Too much profanity and gore for her. I think I read years ago that the werewolves were ballet dancers on stilts. Whatever they were, their movements were really creepy. It's my favorite werewolf movie since the Lon Chaney films I loved as a kid in the 50s & 60s. Time to upgrade my old dvd to the Shout! bluray.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thanks for the reminder. I watched my old dvd of Dog Soldiers this morning when my wife was soaking in the bath. Too much profanity and gore for her. I think I read years ago that the werewolves were ballet dancers on stilts. Whatever they were, their movements were really creepy. It's my favorite werewolf movie since the Lon Chaney films I loved as a kid in the 50s & 60s. Time to upgrade my old dvd to the Shout! bluray.

Dog Soldiers and The Howling are my fav's. Honourable mention to An American Werewolf in London.

Dog Soldiers and The Howling have the best werewolves. Dog Soldiers is a bit scary but funny too. The Howling gives me the creeps.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
"The Hunt." Bloody good satire. Betty Gilpin is extraordinary. She's in a phenomenal fight scene with Hilary Swank that rivals Tarantino's pitting Thurman against Fox in "Kill Bill Vol.1." Kudos to Craig Zobel for channeling the spirit of Sam Peckinpah, while adding just a dash of Mike Judge.

Also re-watched Ridley Scott's underrated "The Counsellor." Wicked stuff about the consequences of doing what one oughtn't, courtesy of Cormac McCarthy. Fine performances by Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Cameron Diaz and Brad Pitt--as well as some malignantly evil turns by John Leguizamo, Reuben Blades, Richard Cabral and Sam Spruell.

These are not feel-good movies, especially as we're all sequestered. Nonetheless, both are worth a look when you tire of "The Sound of Music."

Dawn of the Dead. The remake with Ving Rhames and Sarah Polley. I love the original, but some parts just drag on and on. I'd rate this as one of the best remakes I've seen.

As soon as the movie was over, I watched Clerks 2.

My sister invited me over to watch American Sniper. She knows I relate to war movies, but sometimes they hit a little too close to home.
So I'll be watching it in a few minutes.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
"The Hunt." Bloody good satire. Betty Gilpin is extraordinary. She's in a phenomenal fight scene with Hilary Swank that rivals Tarantino's pitting Thurman against Fox in "Kill Bill Vol.1." Kudos to Craig Zobel for channeling the spirit of Sam Peckinpah, while adding just a dash of Mike Judge.

Also re-watched Ridley Scott's underrated "The Counsellor." Wicked stuff about the consequences of doing what one oughtn't, courtesy of Cormac McCarthy. Fine performances by Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Cameron Diaz and Brad Pitt--as well as some malignantly evil turns by John Leguizamo, Reuben Blades, Richard Cabral and Sam Spruell.

These are not feel-good movies, especially as we're all sequestered. Nonetheless, both are worth a look when you tire of "The Sound of Music."

Thanks for the mention. I havent seen either one. They're now on my list.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Sergeant Harry Wells:
My guts are out Coop!
Cooper:
We'll just put 'em back in then!
Sergeant Harry Wells:
They're not gonna f***ing fit!
Cooper:
Of course they'll fit, man!

Sausages are mentioned in there somewhere. When they shot that, they used sausages. If I still didnt remember every scene of that movie I'd watch it again lol.

I love it.

Who Is the Black Dahlia? My wife told me to find a movie for us to watch, so I took an old bootleg vhs of this 1975 tv movie starring Lucie Arnaz and burned it to a dvd. The picture quality wasn’t great, nor was the movie, but it was something we hadn't seen in a long time.

The Undertaker and His Pals

My wife and I watched it today. Truth be told, I watched while my wife was texting kids and relatives and trying her best to ignore it. This really stupid splatter film often played weekends at Louisville, KY drive-ins back in the late 1960’s when my wife and I were dating. Three psychos go around town butchering people. The undertaker overcharges for funerals and his pals serve the body parts as specials in their diner, leg of lamb, breast of chicken, etc. I have an old vhs, but it’s also on youtube if anyone else wants to waste 63 minutes of their life.

Sausages are mentioned in there somewhere. When they shot that, they used sausages. If I still didnt remember every scene of that movie I'd watch it again lol.

I love it.

There are surprisingly few really good werewolf movies, other than those already mentioned. Wolf, with Jack Nicholson is a good film with good acting, especially from James Spader but not a true werewolf film in the same way that Teen Wolf isn't. They're both a bit too gentle. Howling 3 is worth watching though. There's some great scenes, especially one involving a Joey crawling up a furry stomach. It's featured in Not Quite Hollywood, a really entertaining documentary about Australian cinema.

If you like Dog Soldiers Tank 432 is good if you haven't seen it. No werewolves but a similar tone.

Top Bottom