What's new

1st Golden Shave - CONTEST - DIRECT GIVEAWAY! 3 Safety Razors!!!

Well, seems like we are in the middle of a pandemic thing around the world, this is why we are giving away 3 Safety Razors.

Just reply telling us if you are confined or not at home, and how it is going to affect your job!

We will pickup de winner Next April the 3d on using random.org and the names will be published under this thread.

Good luck, and take care.

This is the razor giving away x 3!

GS

I’m a consulting Accountant doing post conversion account reconciliations and corrections.
There are more people working from home than there are licenses. I’m waiting for my remote permissions and logins.

I'm in

I wish I was working from home. I am an IT tech for an ambulance company. My job has been a living nightmare lately. There has been a mad rush to get non essential employees working remotely. Then there is the normal day to day things I normally do. Every ambulance has a computer mounted in them so if I have to work on one I pretty much go full biohazard suit as I have a compromised immune system. Also while all of this is going on we are imaging 150 dell rugged laptops to be used by the EMT's and when they are ready we have to coordinate with communications department to swap out the kind power supplies from the surface tablets to the new dell adapters. So yea it's been hell the last few weeks. And I do not see it slowing down anytime soon. The CEO is already talking about the next round of employees who he wants working from home. It's funny a lot of people are hating working from home. Then there is myself who should be working from home but cant.

I'm in.

I am not confined to home atm. I am a veterinary professional and we are still able to remain open although business is being done very differently from normal and we have a lot fewer appointments. Everything is done by curbside service or drop off appointments right now which is very strange. No clients in the clinic except in special cases. As a small business, the clinic is taking a big hit currently so hopefully things return to a more normal situation before too long.

I'm in.

I am confined at home for safety purposes and I'm working remotely everyday now. The work load has be lighter but also, there are millions of changes coming on the way that I have to communicate to the rest of the group. There's pros and cons to working remotely but I'm just glad that I have a job currently to support my family.

I am in please!

We have been working from home for about a week and 1/2. We started preparing before then and were able to make the jump for the most part. We use online collaboration tools and are moving forward. A bit of a learning curve for some, but has been a very positive experience so far. I also live in the country, so going outside for some air is not a problem.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks, but I'm not in. As @ackvil said, that is a beautiful razor.

I'm on disability, from the two best jobs in the world: I used to cut hair in my home shop, and was a community psych nurse. The nursing job would have me on the front lines, but with my heart and lungs I get to sit here wishing I was out there with my sisters and brothers in arms.

Stay safe everyone! Remember, if you get sick there is a good chance you won't be able to shave yourself!

Dave

FarmerTan

Thanks, but I'm not in. As @ackvil said, that is a beautiful razor.

I'm on disability, from the two best jobs in the world: I used to cut hair in my home shop, and was a community psych nurse. The nursing job would have me on the front lines, but with my heart and lungs I get to sit here wishing I was out there with my sisters and brothers in arms.

Stay safe everyone! Remember, if you get sick there is a good chance you won't be able to shave yourself!

Dave
And you all should actually thank me, since as @KeenDogg knows, I win 93.6 % of every PIF I enter!

I am a geologist-hydrogeologist / environmental project manager, and I am confined to home. My work is tied to the energy sector, so it marches on and I am blessed that I can conduct my work from anywhere as I do little fieldwork now days. I pray for all those who cannot continue with their livelihoods during this critical time.

I’m in.

Im 68 and a triple bypass patient with atherosclerosis. I am confined at home, but it only marginally affects my job. I can do everything I can do at work with the exception of answering incoming calls and have face to face conversations with other employees. The governor has directed at risk people (like me) to stay home until April 30. It’s been 10 days and I’m already getting cabin fever. Fortunately, I can go outside and walk around a little without coming in contact with anyone.

I've been working remotely for the past two weeks. My company is having as many people as possible work remotely at least through April 17th. I requested a special modification to my restrictions to allow me to make limited site visits for my special projects. Unfortunately I work in an industry that does not produce year round so my special research projects have a limited window for data collection and this is happening right in the middle of the season. I'll have to limit my visit from 4 or 5 days a week to 2 days at most.

Since I'm in more of a consultant type position, a large amount of my work can be done remotely, but during these projects I need to collect data and that requires some field work. It's a strange environment because I'm used to working nonstop during the production season and this is my first year in this role.

FarmerTan

This is a cool thread. Since I've been involuntarily sidelined for almost 2 years I feel like I'm out of touch with the real world.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Respectfully not in. But as a USPS mail carrier I am still working and might be delivering this PIF! An enormous and heartfelt bit of gratitude to those in healthcare. I can't say I am sad I left it behind but I do so much appreciate the dedication of those that are still in.

FarmerTan

I’m sorry to hear that. After 10 days being only mildly taken out of the game, I can’t imagine being fully retired.
I'm just a crybaby. My needs are more than met.

I just miss being paid to get an adrenaline rush, lol.

All of us are junkies, just some of us get a paycheck and respect for it!

Top Bottom