What's new

Your favourite Bay Rum Aftershave

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Ogallala Bay Rum is my favorite. But I just mixed a batch of Bootleggers so we'll see

I wore Ogallala the other day after having not touched it for several weeks. It has such good longevity and I really like the scent. Good product. I think you will like Bootlegger's. Most folks who've given it a shot tend to like it and keep it around.

I'm sure I will. OkieSrubble was kind enough to send me a sample a few months ago and it was good. So I'm looking forward to try mine tomorrow. It's been sitting in the bottle for about 10 days..

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I wore Ogallala the other day after having not touched it for several weeks. It has such good longevity and I really like the scent. Good product. I think you will like Bootlegger's. Most folks who've given it a shot tend to like it and keep it around.

I personally, like the quality and classic, traditional bay rum scent i get from Bootlegger's. And the huge amount I can make for such a reasonable price, is the deal sealer for me. But like you, I am simply a lover of bay rum, and I will use any brand I can get a hold of or afford. :)

OkieStubble

I'm sure I will. OkieSrubble was kind enough to send me a sample a few months ago and it was good. So I'm looking forward to try mine tomorrow. It's been sitting in the bottle for about 10 days..

I'm glad you like Sammy, and want to make some for your shave den. :)

So I popped open my bottle of Bootleggers after shaving with my GC .84 and Stirling Bay Rum soap. Very nice! You get a bit of the alcohol burn and the face feel is amazing.
Even though the scent fades, it lingers on for a while. It's been 3 hours and I can still catch a sniff from time to time. And for the price, there is no better value out there.
Moving up next to my Ogallala on standard rotation. 2 different scent profiles but both very good!

JCarr

So I popped open my bottle of Bootleggers after shaving with my GC .84 and Stirling Bay Rum soap. Very nice! You get a bit of the alcohol burn and the face feel is amazing.
Even though the scent fades, it lingers on for a while. It's been 3 hours and I can still catch a sniff from time to time. And for the price, there is no better value out there.
Moving up next to my Ogallala on standard rotation. 2 different scent profiles but both very good!

Good stuff! Thanks for posting!

OkieStubble

3 hours? from a Bay Rum? And it's just an aftershave and not a cologne? That's incredible! :)

Will look into this. I picked up an Ogallala shave stick in part out of curiosity of the Bay Rum scent, just because I had no idea what Bay Rum is, and loved the scent. Definitely need some aftershave now.

Thanks everyone! Still using and making the exact same blend! Different rum this time but otherwise , same! Glad you like the recipe.

PAA Atomic Age, PAA Captain Smythe's Reserve or PAA Boomtown
How does Captain Smythe's differ from Boomtown? I've tried Boomtown so I'm familiar with it. Thanks for your help!
I haven't tried Boomtown, but Atomic Age and Capt. Smythe's Reserve are both great. Atomic Age is probably my favorite Bay Rum AS. Capt. Smythe's Reserve adds a bit of leather to the scent. I think it makes it a bit more dressy. You can wear it to a more formal event or evening out. It also makes it a bit more appropriate for colder weather. Atomic Age is good for all occasions and all seasons, but it is definitely brighter than CS Reserve, if that makes sense.

JCarr

I haven't tried Boomtown, but Atomic Age and Capt. Smythe's Reserve are both great. Atomic Age is probably my favorite Bay Rum AS. Capt. Smythe's Reserve adds a bit of leather to the scent. I think it makes it a bit more dressy. You can wear it to a more formal event or evening out. It also makes it a bit more appropriate for colder weather. Atomic Age is good for all occasions and all seasons, but it is definitely brighter than CS Reserve, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the info. It's helpful. I think I'll buy a bottle of Captain Smythe's. I own Atomic Age and it's in my rotation, but was not a huge fan of Boomtown.

Happy Shaves, comrade!

Top Bottom