FFFMM Shave 25

Prep: Hot shower, Kiehl's Facial Fuel, Cella Pre-shave gel
Razor: Rex Supply Envoy
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Parker Long Loft Badger
Post-shave: Osma Tradition Alum Block, cold water rinse
After-Shave: Pinaud Clubman Whiskey Woods

Four pass DFS. A little tender today. Very careful to apply no pressure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My twenty-fifth FFFFMM shave 3/25/2020. Two passes north to south and one pass east to west.
Razor: Gillette NLC with custom handle.
Brush: Made Rite #44 24mm Silvertip (restored)
Blade: Astra SP (6)
Cream: Proraso White

1585220236567.png

That's a really pretty brush! Especially the handle. Custom by?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Day #26

FIXED FOUR FOR MARCH MADNESS
Razor:
Viking Captain
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
Astra SP (4TH and final shave on 5th blade)
Soap:
Van der Hagen (using rain water)
Prep:
Results:
Liquid AntiBacterial face and hand soap.
Rating 8.0 An okay shave, but blade left lots of stubble. Banked blade #5 and on to #6.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
3-26-20.Vitos.136.copMan.Fixed.Kit.640.JPG

Same kit, obviously, as we're in the Fixed!

3-26-20.Vitos&GD-Pre-shave.640.JPG

This Vitos Extra Super Coco soap is truly a terrific soap in all respects.

It's even better with the addition of Grooming Dept Pre-shave.

One of the issues for me with a lot of soaps is drying of my skin. A Fixed Four has given me ample time to be sure this soap is not - for me - drying to my skin, even used every day.

HyaluronicAcidForFaces.480.jpg

To be fair to the soap and to you, I've used Hyalurionc Acid post shave every day of the Fixed. That stuff is magic! You should try it yourself.

Did I mention how cheap Vitos soap is? And, how good it is?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
Shave 15

Pretty great shave. Decent lather, but I think my technique with this razor is starting to feel more natural and effective. Found a good angle for my ATG passes on the corners of my neck; we'll see if I am able to duplicate it on the next shave. While the first of April will see me swapping my razor for two recent purchases and trying a slew of blades, but I want to try to keep using the Piccolo on a regular basis to continue to hone my craft. Much as I tell myself I want to settle on a single razor and then sell off my excess, I kind of like the idea of having one of each of different types. Stupid RAD.

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Stirling Synthetic 2-band
Soap: Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents

View attachment 1078755

Same kit, obviously, as we're in the Fixed!

View attachment 1078756

This Vitos Extra Super Coco soap is truly a terrific soap in all respects.

It's even better with the addition of Grooming Dept Pre-shave.

One of the issues for me with a lot of soaps is drying of my skin. A Fixed Four has given me ample time to be sure this soap is not - for me - drying to my skin, even used every day.

View attachment 1078768

To be fair to the soap and to you, I've used Hyalurionc Acid post shave every day of the Fixed. That stuff is magic! You should try it yourself.

Did I mention how cheap Vitos soap is? And, how good it is?

Happy shaves,

Jim

You've got my curiosity piqued too Jim. I read the instructions for two hyaluronic acid products - the one in your photo and another. Both recommend following the product application with a moisturizer. Do you do that, or does the product work for you without an additional moisturizer? -- Thx.

1AB7F983-18DA-4085-B726-D7BCEC40C357.jpeg

While I was not smitten in the least by this gear in the beginning, I've grown to enjoy it immensely. Funny how the fixed four can help you appreciate your kit. By the way, if you are a Pinaud fan such as myself, do yourself a favor and decant your Pinaud aftershaves and add some witch hazel and aloe vera gel to them. Talk about taking them to the tier one level with such economical additives.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
You've got my curiosity piqued too Jim. I read the instructions for two hyaluronic acid products - the one in your photo and another. Both recommend following the product application with a moisturizer. Do you do that, or does the product work for you without an additional moisturizer? -- Thx.

I'm sometimes, but uncommonly using a moisturizer after the HA.

I'm also sometimes using a second application of HA at bedtime.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
FFFMM Shave 19

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Vintage 1980's Fatip
Blade: Polsilver (4)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
044_45.jpg

I've been shaving a one pass with the grain shave all week except on Monday where it was a three pass. Today was no exception. Tomorrow will be a three pass to end the week.

Top Bottom