What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 23rd - March 29th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, March 26th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core Version 2 - MFG 2018> great daily driver!
Blade : Gem SS PTFE modified(7)
Soap: Razorock XXX
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 synthetic- great brush.
Preshave: Brush wash the whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Postshave : Razorock XXX aftershave :001_wub: witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:great shave after 2 day growth.

SOTD, March 26th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Here is what is in store for me today as soon as I get the "work from home" stuff done.

New-to-me Haircut and Shave synthetic brush (Thanks Murphy & McNeil!)
Sampler size Murphy & McNeil Naid Shaving Soap (Thanks Murphy and McNeil!)
West Coast Shaving Midnight Collection 175B
Shark blade and traditional old Polo Green After shave splash
20200326_102947.jpg

Thu 26 SOTD
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Bowl Red Nubs
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DOC Mellon
Blade Silverstar 5th
Postshave Ice Water + Thayers Rose + Aloe
Great lather from the bowl! Nice scent, thick and slick. Shave was good. Quite smooth as auto cruising. Blade still good and sharpish. 3+1pass ATG, XTG/ATG, ATG & ATG pickup. No weepers today. Ice water face rinse immediately after and really good. A DFS % BBS result today and rating 9.7/10.
20200326_090918.jpg

20200326_093857.jpg

Thursday, 3/26:

20200326_094519.jpg

Razor - Merkur 15C
Blade - Treet Platinum
Brush - Omega EVO marble 28mm Silversynth
Cream - TOBS Sandalwood
A/S - OneBlade aftershave balm

Opposite ends of the spectrum today: the brush was phenomenal, and the razor was disappointing. I think as far as the razor goes, the blade was the culprit in large part. I've never used a Treet past two shaves, I think, and the 15C is mild to begin with. Even with a full ATG pass, which I never do, the results were still not terribly close.

The brush, on the other hand, was magnificent. Every time I use it, I like it even more. It has very good water retention, very solid backbone, but with a little pressure it splays very nicely. And because it's so dense, it actually has a plush, "wall of badger"-like feel to it. The tips are so soft though that it is never scritchy, just has the mildest bit of very pleasant scrub. Boy does it feel good to face lather with this brush! It generated a TON of lather, like, ridiculous. It was the star of the shave for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom