What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

B&B has long-standing Razor Acquisition and Brush Acquisition threads.
Why not have a dedicated shaving Soap Acquisition Thread for B&Bers to share what soaps we are purchasing?

What's your latest soap acquisition?
Tell us a little about why you bought this particular soap.
Post a pic (not required, but always appreciated)!

It was the first soap I had in the starter kit I bought. Each new soap I have tried is more expensive and not been (to my face) noticeably better in the performance aspect. Being a fairly utilitarian type person (and possibly tight wad), I purchase this Soap 99% of the time. Which is seldom because it last a good long while.

Attachments

• soap.jpg
    soap.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 57
I was incredibly fortunate to acquire the very last Barrister & Mann Soft Heart Series "Big Leap" from Top of the Chain's batch of these extremely limited edition B&M soaps.

I very much enjoy the performance of the B&M Excelsior base soap (I have LGC) and have heard exceptional reviews of the Soft Heart (also referred to as the PP-8) base. "Big Leap" is the latest Soft Heart release in commemoration of the 2020 Leap Year!

Can't wait to give this a go!!!
Big Leap.jpg

Since I have yet to received the B&M Soft Heart series "Big Leap" that is on order, I am bumpin' this thread along with my latest shave soap purchase that I have on hand.

Come on, guys (and gals), show us the soaps you are buying!

Noble Otter "Two Kings"

Heard great things about the Noble Otter soaps and the price is very reasonable!

Noble-Otter-Soap-Co-Two-Kings-Artisan-Shaving-Soap-4oz-350x350.jpg

Since I have yet to received the B&M Soft Heart series "Big Leap" that is on order, I am bumpin' this thread along with my latest shave soap purchase that I have on hand.

Come on, guys (and gals), show us the soaps you are buying!

Noble Otter "Two Kings"

Heard great things about the Noble Otter soaps and the price is very reasonable!

View attachment 1072766
This soap is in my top three. Great stuff.

B&B has long-standing Razor Acquisition and Brush Acquisition threads.
Why not have a dedicated shaving Soap Acquisition Thread for B&Bers to share what soaps we are purchasing?

What's your latest soap acquisition?
Tell us a little about why you bought this particular soap.
Post a pic (not required, but always appreciated)!

I predict a matter/antimatter explosion when this comes into contact with the 3017 thread.

Went on a little bender.

WK Fougere Mania
Stirling Barbershop (LOVE this scent)
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Chiseled Face Ghostown Barber.

Never had any from any of these makers before. Excited to try them. Thinking the WK tomorrow ...

Stirling Black Cherry and another tub of Stirling Gin & Tonic were supposed to be delivered today, but they didn't arrive. Hopefully tomorrow.

Never tried Black Cherry, but I have smelled it before, and Gin & Tonic, I can't get enough of. I have a problem.

MdC is popular. I just ordered a full size container from Maggards. I had a credit with them and decided to get the MdC Agrumes. I bought quite a few samples a while back and the Argumes was my favorite. I'm not the best photographer in the world but, well, it's a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20200315_145303.jpg
    IMG_20200315_145303.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
Ordered up B&M Seville and Cologne Russe for my birthday next week! Stupidly excited to try new soaps.

Over 6 months in. Proraso and Razorock have been good to me. I have a feeling this next venture is going to be a pleasurable step in both quality and fragrance.

Ordered up B&M Seville and Cologne Russe for my birthday next week! Stupidly excited to try new soaps.

Over 6 months in. Proraso and Razorock have been good to me. I have a feeling this next venture is going to be a pleasurable step in both quality and fragrance.

@Altonius, I am betting (and sincerely hoping) that you will just FLIP over the incredible performance and amazingly complex scent profiles of the Barrister and Mann shaving soaps! Cologne Russe is an absolute must on my list!

Top Bottom