What's new

What are you listening to?

Bill Evans Trio, the complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961. 5 sets recorded June 25, 1961. Per the liner notes: "And finally, there is the crowning glory of these performances, the last ever by this singular trio. This is it."

Bill Evans-piano, Scott LaFaro-bass, Paul Motion-drums. Scott died an untimely death 2 weeks later at 25 years old.

View attachment 1075371
Brilliance, a true landmark recording.

Bill Evans Trio, the complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961. 5 sets recorded June 25, 1961. Per the liner notes: "And finally, there is the crowning glory of these performances, the last ever by this singular trio. This is it."

Bill Evans-piano, Scott LaFaro-bass, Paul Motion-drums. Scott died an untimely death 2 weeks later at 25 years old.

View attachment 1075371
Excellent album!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Getz at the Gate
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Listening to some calming 50s & 60s Brubeck while my wife and I are stuck in the house and social-distancing. Brubeck also works for wife-distancing, since she hates his music and won't come anywhere within earshot of it.

Excellent! I love that line-up of his group! Everything they do is joy!!

:thumbsup:

Excellent! I love that line-up of his group! Everything they do is joy!!

Thanks. I probably have 60-70 hours of Brubeck on CD or mp3s, most from 50s & 60s. Amsterdam's a great album. I don't have a record player, but about 5 years ago I bought the Amsterdam and Last Time We Saw Paris LP's (both never released on cd) from a guy on ebay who also included great copies of both albums burned to cd for me.

Last edited:
Thanks. I probably have 60-70 hours of Brubeck on CD or mp3s, most from 50s & 60s. Amsterdam's a great album. I don't have a record player, but about 5 years ago I bought the Amsterdam and Last Time We Saw Paris LP's (both never released on cd) from a guy on ebay who also included great copies of both albums burned to cd for me.

Perfect solution! My wife and kids have put me on to Spotify; stacks of all kinds of cool music. My favorites are Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, Art Pepper, and Bill Evans, all mid 50s-mid 60s. Funny how my tastes have changed over the years. High school and college was hard rock, then until a few years ago, the English and American blues guys, now cool/West Coast jazz. It takes me to a peaceful place! I must say I've enjoyed listening your Irish punk; it's funny but it kinda takes me into the music too! Enjoy!! :)

As a folk music lover since the late 50s, I'm old enough to remember hearing and liking John Prine. Although I remember watching Northern Exposure in 1998 and 1999, my favorite tv show while zoned out on oxycontin after 2 rotator-cuff surgeries, I don't remember Iris Dement. She's pretty good too.

Top Bottom