What's new

What Food is in Your Go Bag?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I suspect its nothing because you don't have one. Me neither. I guess its naive in a way after what we've seen so far...it could get worse...or better. Should your go bag have all freezed dried morsels (yuck). I suggest a mixture of light to carry freezed dried with "what" is the question?

Your answer is?....

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Don't ask me where i got them.

20200317_144801.jpg

In a go bag? Instant coffee, a bag of winegums, and a pack of water purification tablets. That would be the edibles.

I reserve the space for space blankets, extra clothing (a dry change, some fleece, wool cap, and a thin rain jacket), a multifuel stove, and some propane or petrol. In a scenario where a go bag is applicable, the important thing will be to maintain body temperature. Then hydration. Then rest and sleep, i.e. shelter. Food is last on the list. If I were to add any real food it would be peanuts; energy dense with lots of protein and fat.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
A bunch of dried sausage and jerky, along with a pound or so of coffee beans and as much chocolate covered ginger and orange peel as I can manage.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
In a go bag? Instant coffee, a bag of winegums, and a pack of water purification tablets. That would be the edibles.

I reserve the space for space blankets, extra clothing (a dry change, some fleece, wool cap, and a thin rain jacket), a multifuel stove, and some propane or petrol. In a scenario where a go bag is applicable, the important thing will be to maintain body temperature. Then hydration. Then rest and sleep, i.e. shelter. Food is last on the list. If I were to add any real food it would be peanuts; energy dense with lots of protein and fat.
If I'm going to be sucked up by a black hole of who knows what I'd like to be gnawing on a pork chop. Do they make a re
Ruger 10/22. Light, but I'll have to remove the scope. I can't say I own one or don't in case the FBI are monitoring our transmissions.

I don’t keep one, but part of my “go bag” mentality is being comfortable with and knowing how to safely water fast for two or more weeks

I’m out of a couple of these stores now but usually have plenty of jerky and/or pemmican, dried fruits, root powders, hemp and other protein powders, medicinal herbs and roots, anti-viral teas, and anti-inflammatory foods on hand for my own health and survival should I be restricted from getting out or obtaining food for some reason.

And plenty of water storage containers.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
MRE’s and life straw.
That gets me to the ranch.
We have 3 wells that r windmill driven. We r good from there.
Will be eating lots of pork and venison.

Top Bottom