What's new

Hyaluronic Acid Is Magic For My Post Shave Skin | It's A Game Changer

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've been using this stuff since late October, long enough to feel like I can recommend hyaluronic acid without reservation.

HyaluronicAcidForFaces.480.jpg

What is it? How did I come across it? How is it used? What does it do?

I was told about it by Frank. Apparently it's a component of many high end skin care products. I'm not sure what it does exactly or what it's marketed for (other than what you can read on the packaging in the photo), but I'm sure it makes my skin feel a whole lot better, a lot less dry, and, well, healthier.

I apply a couple of globs or large drops to my still damp but not wet partially air dried post shave skin and rub it about on my face and neck. The stuff is a gel. It's very slick and easily spreads everywhere quick as a wink. It very soon sinks into my skin and disappears.

Usually a splash is applied a few minutes later post shave.

If my skin feels "overdone" or dry or irritated I might use it again later in the day or at bedtime, usually either first washing my face with soap and water or at least rinsing it so my skin is damp. Not wet, just damp, although it might be fine on still wet skin. I'm just doing what Frank suggested.

HyaluronicAcid.PumpBottle.1-7-20.480.JPG

It comes in this much larger refill or dispenser size. However, the little bottle in the top photo lasted me from late October until early March, so that's more than four months. I used it at least once every day over that time. I did experiment with how much of the product to use. I tried very small amounts. I tried larger amounts. It's pretty easy to figure out how much to use as long as you are sorta going in the direction of less is enough.

My skin feels significantly better and looks better too using this magic elixir.

I've mentioned it in various threads but it deserves its own thread.

If there's a downside I haven't encountered it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Good call. I've been using hyaluronic acid as well for just over a year now. I don't use it post-shave, but rather at night right before bed. My face just feels better hydrated in general, and just has a clearer, healthier look to it as well. My best friend's wife, who at the time I hadn't seen in 3 months last Fall, accused me of "getting work done" LOL.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Good call. I've been using hyaluronic acid as well for just over a year now. I don't use it post-shave, but rather at night right before bed. My face just feels better hydrated in general, and just has a clearer, healthier look to it as well. My best friend's wife, who at the time I hadn't seen in 3 months last Fall, accused me of "getting work done" LOL.

That's quite the compliment from her.

Thanks for giving us your over a year view of HA.

I've been using this stuff since late October, long enough to feel like I can recommend hyaluronic acid without reservation.

View attachment 1071662

I was told about it by Frank. Apparently it's a component of many high end skin care products. I'm not sure what it does exactly or what it's marketed for (other than what you can read on the packaging in the photo), but I'm sure it makes my skin feel a whole lot better, a lot less dry, and, well, healthier.

I apply a couple of globs or large drops to my still damp but not wet partially air dried post shave skin and rub it about on my face and neck. The stuff is a gel. It's very slick and easily spreads everywhere quick as a wink. It very soon sinks into my skin and disappears.

If my skin feels "overdone" or dry or irritated I might use it again later in the day or at bedtime, usually either first washing my face with soap and water or at least rinsing it so my skin is damp. Not wet, just damp, although it might be fine on still wet skin. I'm just doing what Frank suggested.

View attachment 1071679

It comes in this much larger refill or dispenser size. However, the little bottle in the top photo lasted me from late October until early March, so that's more than four months. I used it at least once every day over that time. I did experiment with how much of the product to use. I tried very small amounts. I tried larger amounts. It's pretty easy to figure out how much to use as long as you are sorta going in the direction of less is enough.

My skin feels significantly better and looks better too using this magic elixir.

Happy shaves,

Jim

CONGRATULATIONS!! :a29:

I may give it a try based on your glowing recommendation!

I went through my wife's creams and lotions and noticed that several had either hyaluronic acid or sodium hyaluronate. The ones with the former were mostly skin-softening products, while the latter were of the "anti-aging" variety.

I'll give them a try. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have softer, younger-looking skin. :001_smile

I use it regularly , but a different brand, it does actually make a difference.
Ideally it should be used even at night, before bed, something I don't usually do.

Sri of Grooming Department includes Hyaluronic acid as one of the ingredients in his Nai soap formula. However, there are lot of other good things in it as well.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The 8oz. arrived today.

Interesting stuff! Little bit goes a long way; melts right into your skin.

I bet it does moisturize, especially in cold dry climates!

Wife is onboard, she uses retinol-A or something. We'll give it a spin.

Seems like an ideal post-shave product. I like its science.

AA

I ordered a 4oz bottle today. I got a facial this afternoon and when I asked the woman about it she raved about how great this stuff is. I look forward to giving it a try.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

View attachment 1071662

View attachment 1071679

Happy shaves,

Jim
I’ve been curious about this seeing it in your posts. I don’t have any post shave problems but my curiosity is happily satisfied now. Usually I do put three or four drops of glycerin in my cream before I lather it. Also, Barbasol has lanolin in it and it leaves ones face feeling more beautiful than it likely probably is.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
After a week, can say this stuff is a little-known game changer.

Obviously lines haven't gone away, but dry-skin peeling has!

There were changes after just a couple days. Today it actually went on after the AS ...

It is glycerin-like in consistency... And may have other applications.

AA

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I’ve been curious about this seeing it in your posts. I don’t have any post shave problems but my curiosity is happily satisfied now. Usually I do put three or four drops of glycerin in my cream before I lather it. Also, Barbasol has lanolin in it and it leaves ones face feeling more beautiful than it likely probably is.

Glad to be of help, Steve, but I don't think lanolin and/or glycerin are substitutes. Not that you were saying that, but someone might think you were. It's great these work for you of course. I've tried glycerin and found adding it to my soap changed the lather. I've also used lanolin containing soaps. Neither did anything to my skin (well, some lanolin containing soaps, such as MWF, dried my skin).

I don't know that Hyaluronic Acid would help you or anyone. I've read some of the more technical things written about it, but I'm no HA expert or dermatology whiz. All I know is what's on the label and my experience and the little bits Frank told me.

I'm rather amazed at how much HA has helped me, and kinda think it would be worth trying for just about anyone. As I said, it's very inexpensive as a small bottle lasts months. Obviously there could be a downside of which I'm unaware.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks for this thread Jim, and for the heads up over in the FFFMM thread. Frank's Skin Food Splash is possibly the most miraculous aftershave I have run across, and another artisan I respect is about to release a Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Gel. Opinions of guys like these matter to me. Granted that scientific support of skin benefits is lacking, but so is evidence of adverse interactions or side effects. Bottom line for me is I’m in.

TBH my biggest concern – and this applies to any product - is whether the supply chain is tainted with SARS-CoV 2. However, the USPS is maintaining a Corona Virus page, and as of this afternoon’s update, they continue to cite the CDC and Surgeon General as stating there is no evidence that the virus is transmitted through the mail. Perhaps I’ll quarantine the parcel for 14 days. 😷

Top Bottom