What's new

What’s your favourite modern day de razor?

Hey all.

what’s your favourite modern day de razor? I have a Edwin Jagger DE89 I purchased last week. Not sure if I like it or love it yet. Looking at buying something new but different to the DE89. Nothing too aggressive as I have sensitive skin.

I could make a long list 😅
Feather AS-D2 is one of my favorites as of right now.
Merkur 34C(G) is also a good option.

Rex ambassador is the next razor that will arrive in my den, and can't wait to try it out. From a design standpoint, that might be my favorite modern day de's.

I k
I could make a long list 😅
Feather AS-D2 is one of my favorites as of right now.
Merkur 34C(G) is also a good option.

Rex ambassador is the next razor that will arrive in my den, and can't wait to try it out. From a design standpoint, that might be my favorite modern day de's.
I know feather blades are quite sharp and aggressive. Is the feather razor also aggressive? I’m looking at something somewhat a little less than mild

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I k

I know feather blades are quite sharp and aggressive. Is the feather razor also aggressive? I’m looking at something somewhat a little less than mild
The Feather razor has a reputation for being very mild and also for having a small sweet spot in terms of the correct cutting angle. Like most things Japanese, and all things Feather, it is very well designed and manufactured. Feather blades are sharp but they are not aggressive, it is the razor which may or may not be aggressive, not the blade.

I k

The AS-D2 is not known to be aggressive at all. Its very well made, with amazing quality and attention to detail.

Parker 97R. It always has a nice feel to it.

Parker_01.JPG

I don’t just have just one favorite:

Timeless Matte Ti .68SB & Ti handle
ATT Polished Windsor with Copper M1 plate & Kronos handle
ATT Classic Satin with M1 plate & Atlas handle

My two favourite razors (at the moment) are my Feather AS-D2 and Muhle Rocca. Very different from each other, the Feather being very mild and the Rocca moderately aggressive. They do have one thing in common for me though - a very smooth BBS result. You say that you have sensitive skin, so you should probably steer clear of the Rocca, but if you're not put off by the cost I would heartily recommend the Feather. Could be the last razor you'll ever buy - how many of us have said that?

Last edited:
Hey all.

what’s your favourite modern day de razor? I have a Edwin Jagger DE89 I purchased last week. Not sure if I like it or love it yet. Looking at buying something new but different to the DE89. Nothing too aggressive as I have sensitive skin.

My favorite modern DE razor is the one you already have: the Edwin Jagger DE89 (I have the “Kelvin” version with the short, chubby handle). It’s really everything I’m looking for in a razor. If it had been my first DE purchase, I would have had no need to collect so many. Not that that would have stopped me...

Above the Tie (ATT) R1 stainless solid bar, or any ATT razor, for that
Weber Polished Head stainless solid bar (sadly out of production)

Parker semislant, 94R, and 26C open comb - honorable mention

I would include Merkur 37C slant and Progress razors, but I don't consider these modern, since they have been in production for 60+ years.

Top Bottom