Votes: 3 0.4%
  • 90 - 99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 or >100

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
34 here.

I remember when i was growing up and ‘30 years ago’ would mean when Led Zeppelin were around.

Now it means when Backstreet Boys were around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to get specific about numbers, but here's a hint: I had a Sony Walkman before they had different models of Sony Walkmans ;-) Yes, that old.

Actually, I think the first American Walkman was the second Walkman. They had one in Japan that was sort of a high-end miniature field recorder or something. But yeah, I remember getting that thing and sitting in the car and just marveling it. This will seem comical in retrospect, but at the time it almost seemed like magic that something so small could play a tape. The demo tape that came with it was wonderfully cheesy. I still remember this sort of electric funk calypso song. The tape wasn't really so much about the music but about demonstrating the impressive dynamic range of the player, so the music was a lot like the early stereo music recorded on albums in: "Living Stereo" with names like "Dyamic Percussion" and "Bongos Reeds & Brass" and "The Electrodynamic Sound" or whatever.

Good lord... everything lives forever on the internet. Here is that song in cheesy stereophonic glory. Note how the instruments pan back and forth to let you know you're listening in S-T-E-R-E-O (lol)

Last edited:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Not to get specific about numbers, but here's a hint: I had a Sony Walkman before they had different models of Sony Walkmans ;-) Yes, that old.

Actually, I think the first American Walkman was the second Walkman. They had one in Japan that was sort of a high-end miniature field recorder or something. But yeah, I remember getting that thing and sitting in the car and just marveling it. This will seem comical in retrospect, but at the time it almost seemed like magic that something so small could play a tape. The demo tape that came with it was wonderfully cheesy. I still remember this sort of electric funk calypso song. The tape wasn't really so much about the music but about demonstrating the impressive dynamic range of the player, so the music was a lot like the early stereo music recorded on albums in: "Living Stereo" with names like "Dyamic Percussion" and "Bongos Reeds & Brass" and "The Electrodynamic Sound" or whatever.

Good lord... everything lives forever on the internet. Here is that song in cheesy stereophonic glory. Note how the instruments pan back and forth to let you know you're listening in S-T-E-R-E-O (lol)

You are bit a child. I had one of the first transistor radios.

I’ll be 72 in April. I’ve reached that point in time where my mouth can get me in more trouble than my body can get me out of!!
If that’s not enough, my twin sister and I will be 144 total! LOL!

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200309-123203_Old Time Radio Player.jpg

Nice app for listening to old radio shows with full casts of actors

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I remember when families only had radios , the tv was not yet sold . My granddaughter asked me what I had in my hand , it was a small transistor radio . She had never seen one.
There was a beauty to the simplicity of life then. Sometimes I feel like my head will explode from hyper-input.

Top Bottom