What's new

The WORST Cologne You've Owned / Smelled?

Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan is certainly not to my taste. I kind of get it, but I truly do not like it.

Seems to me there was a Sigilli frag that was very vegetal that I really disliked. I cannot find it on-line right now, though.

Tom Ford Tuscan leather. Smells to me like it has a base fecal note in it and it’s powerful and cloying. I don’t care for any of the Tom Ford line live smelled Vetiver included.

Tom Ford Tuscan leather. Smells to me like it has a base fecal note in it and it’s powerful and cloying. I don’t care for any of the Tom Ford line live smelled Vetiver included.

I've not smelled that yet, but I have Cremo's interpretation of it. Leather & Oud. It smells like an ashtray.

I have never smelled Tuscan leather. However, I have Oleo Soapworks New City which is modeled after Tuscan Leather. I quite like it.

My worst cologne was Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel. It is described as an oriental woody fragrance for men, but I mainly pick up on the iris and geranium scents, even though most people do not detect them as the a primary notes. It is generally considered to be a scent for old men. Although I fit into that demographic, it is not for me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'll throw in: any poor clone of anything. Bad Drakkar Noir copies from the dollar store, for example.

Any affordable Oud is synthetic, but there are good ones and bad ...

AA

I have not liked any clones I have smelled. This may be partly subconscious, but they always smell terrible when I sample them.

Top Bottom