What's new

Flare Tip February 2020

Flare Tip Friday, February 28
55 Gillette Red Tip A4(Birth Quarter)
Gillette Platinum(3)
Omega 66
PdP 63
the "Veg"

I almost always use a Feather in my Flare Tip's, but this particular Gillette Platinum(3) has been giving me some pretty nice shaves.

The Omega 66 wasn't expensive, but it delivers a nice lather to my face. The knot is just small enough where the brush is soft, but easy to get to tight spots without making a mess.

I went full ATG on the 1st pass. S-N on one long pass from the base of my neck to my sideburns......Still using a steep angle I used enough pressure to keep the blade to my face. I shaved nose to ear under my nose and chin.

The 2nd pass was nose to ear on my face and WTG on my neck. Even with steady pressure it felt pretty comfortable on my neck, but after I rinsed I felt a lot of stubble on my neck, my face was smooth.

The 3rd pass was full ATG on my neck until I couldn't hear of feel it cutting anymore. I splashed on the Witch hazel while my face was still moist and cleaned up my gear.

The "Veg" stung at first and I finished up with Nivea balm. My face is BBS, but the Red Tip doesn't compare in efficiency with Fatip, and there is still stubble on my neck along with some irritation from chasing a BBS.

Still a pretty decent shave for a 64 year old razor....

View attachment 1068496
I’m really intrigued by the Fatip. I have read that it shaved like an Old Type, but better...and I love my Old Type.

I used to love my 10066. Then I gave it to my FIL and now he’s in love with it. :)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I’m really intrigued by the Fatip. I have read that it shaved like an Old Type, but better...and I love my Old Type.
I've never tried an Old Type, I have been looking at them recently...... I had been using a New Short Comb when I got my Piccolo SE and fell in love with it right away. The only way I can explain the way it shaves is "magic".......... hard razor to beat, all-brass for under $20.......

Top Bottom