What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Peterson Nite Cap in a 2010 limited. 404/1000. I did spend a bit of time polishing up a bit. Silver does tarnish and ebonite does oxidize in the sun. Who ever smoked it before I did was very careful.
Peterson 2010 limited 404-1000 (1 of 1).jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Truth! Also, I find that smoking back-to-back bowls in the same meer in one sitting really helps speed the coloring process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Tried the SPC rum aged Mississippi river. I liked it. I really would have to try the non rum aged at the same time to grock the difference.

Some CD SP XX Flake Dark or whatever the nomenclature is on the dark flake.... In a Buckeye Tipsy Apple. A dedicated VaPer Pipe.

It is a good smoke. Lots of flavors going on. I can always feel the perique even if I don't taste it on every inhale. It is always noticable on the retrohale. Not very spicy and doesn't bite.

The Virginia's are a great costar. Sitting in the back and knowing their role. Making the story better and tying it all together. They don't bite and in sipping away with a decent cadence on a breezy Ohio March day.

It is a very broken flake. And despite my lighter not wanting to spark in the wind it eventually lit just fine and have only needed one relight when I didn't tamp in time. (was grooming the dogs and they were getting squirmy.)

The tin note is subtle dried fruit and earthy. The earth notes are not noticed in the smoke.

Overall I'd rate this as a quality smoke that hits a lot of VaPer notes right down the middle. It is like a 3 RBI stand up double in baseball. Great hit, runs score but not a grand slam. Maybe some age in the tin and letting it mingle together will make it into more. Still an outstanding smoke that gets the job done .
IMG_20200303_160515.jpg
IMG_20200303_161132.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Some CD SP XX Flake Dark or whatever the nomenclature is on the dark flake.... In a Buckeye Tipsy Apple. A dedicated VaPer Pipe.

It is a good smoke. Lots of flavors going on. I can always feel the perique even if I don't taste it on every inhale. It is always noticable on the retrohale. Not very spicy and doesn't bite.

The Virginia's are a great costar. Sitting in the back and knowing their role. Making the story better and tying it all together. They don't bite and in sipping away with a decent cadence on a breezy Ohio March day.

It is a very broken flake. And despite my lighter not wanting to spark in the wind it eventually lit just fine and have only needed one relight when I didn't tamp in time. (was grooming the dogs and they were getting squirmy.)

The tin note is subtle dried fruit and earthy. The earth notes are not noticed in the smoke.

Overall I'd rate this as a quality smoke that hits a lot of VaPer notes right down the middle. It is like a 3 RBI stand up double in baseball. Great hit, runs score but not a grand slam. Maybe some age in the tin and letting it mingle together will make it into more. Still an outstanding smoke that gets the job done .View attachment 1069947View attachment 1069946

Thank you for that review!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I knew there were questions on it. 😁
I want to say it is similar to Marlin Flake just a lot less spice and bite. It has been a while since I've had Marlin Flake.

It’s sad, but the Rattray’s blends are so hard for me to find I don’t smoke Marlin Flake anymore cause I don’t want to pop a new tin.

Top Bottom