What's new

Vintage Avon find

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Apparently, I'm not alone! - A couple years back, I scored a collection of assorted Avon decanters on eBay for like $18 or so shipped. Included several chess pieces, a couple of cars, locomotive, rail-road light, a turkey, hunting dog, fire-alarm box (2), and several others. It was a nice mix of Spicy, O'Lander, Deep Woods, and Wild Country, all totally full.

There were also 3-4 woman's perfumes, including a bath oil filled I want to say Cinderella carriage. Resold some of the woman's in better shape off, as my wife wasn't a fan of scents, and recouped some of the cost. Still have one or two, that came stained, making them difficult to sell on eBay.

I re-task the bottles as I empty them with some home-brew stuff. I found a liter of Old-Spice scent oil, which smells really good and like the original Old-Spice, so I mix up some of my own, or doctor the dollar store stuff with a few drops, plus some glycerin for healthier skin.

I'm too much of a minimalist to keep and collect the Avon decanters. I usually just decant the juice into empty hot sauce bottles and take the empty decanters back to the thrift store.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm too much of a minimalist to keep and collect the Avon decanters. I usually just decant the juice into empty hot sauce bottles and take the empty decanters back to the thrift store.

This. I kept the decanters, but tossed all the boxes ... that hurt.

When they empty, I'll gift back to Other Avon Lady at the flea market. Where people buy them ... for the bottles ... and dump the *stuff* down the drain. Yes.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
This. I kept the decanters, but tossed all the boxes ... that hurt.

When they empty, I'll gift back to Other Avon Lady at the flea market. Where people buy them ... for the bottles ... and dump the *stuff* down the drain. Yes.

AA

I actually knew a guy who did this. Crazy!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I found these two a while back. The Spicy I know well and like a lot but the green one is not known to me. It has a menthol note to it, is not unlike Proraso green, and is simply marked 'Cologne For Men'. The boxes are both in the form of Christmas cards into which you could write a message. Does anyone know any more about the green cologne or if any other scents were available in this bottle shape and box type? Thanks.

20200221_162402.jpg

I found these two a while back. The Spicy I know well and like a lot but the green one is not known to me. It has a menthol note to it, is not unlike Proraso green, and is simply marked 'Cologne For Men'. The boxes are both in the form of Christmas cards into which you could write a message. Does anyone know any more about the green cologne or if any other scents were available in this bottle shape and box type? Thanks.

View attachment 1065371

here's some good info!

EclipseRedRing

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

View attachment 1065371
They are both rare enough, in those bottles/packages.... ESPECIALLY the one labeled "cologne for men." Probably very early 50's?

View attachment 1065371
i have an Avon Original After Shave in that type of bottle. It has a very medicinal smell, almost like all the fragrance has been eaten by the alcohol.

EclipseRedRing

One of my favourites - Avon Spicy - the Cologne version! I keep finding great scents in pipe shaped bottles, one to decant into the standard Avon Spicy Cologne bottle. Interestingly this boxed example is, I believe, Spanish.

20200305_171043.jpg

shavefan

I’m not a fan
One of my favourites - Avon Spicy - the Cologne version! I keep finding great scents in pipe shaped bottles, one to decant into the standard Avon Spicy Cologne bottle. Interestingly this boxed example is, I believe, Spanish.

View attachment 1070606

Well Done. Avon Spicy has become one of my favorites, I have the AS and cologne. I haven't touched my vintage Old Spice since I discovered the Avon.

Top Bottom