What's new

Best Barbasol variation?

$redesign.png

So at the grocery store, I've found all of these on a shelf. Which Barbasol is the best?

I've head good things about the Sensitive and the Skin Conditioner.

The only Barbasol cream I have any real experience with is the yellow skin conditioner formula, the one with Lanolin in it. Lanolin leaves the skin extra soft post shave.. It is good stuff.... and in my regular rotation. The others I do not know much about... Hope this helps!

I haven't tried them all, but the green "Soothing Aloe" is the first one I tried. It works well for me.

I also really like the Arctic Chill with menthol.

I've only used the Sensitive version, which was totally rich and thick. However it did not do a good job at soaking whiskers and I finished the shave with Haslinger puck.

proxy.php

I don't care much for Barbasol products. I have tried several variations in the past, with limited results. I currently find that C. O. Bigelow cream, works best for me. However, YMMV.

Seeing that Barbasol is cheap enough, and this is just a suggestion that might prove interesting, you could buy a can of each variety and mix a little of each together in order to reek the advertised benefits of all of them. Perhaps you'll get a super foam. Just kidding, but the results might be surprising. If anything, you'll have one of each at your disposal to compare to one another.
I'd give it a go just for the fun of it, but have only seen four varieties in my neck of the woods and not together.

View attachment 635628

So at the grocery store, I've found all of these on a shelf. Which Barbasol is the best?

I've head good things about the Sensitive and the Skin Conditioner.

All I've tried was the original and it gave the best shave out of the 3 foams that I tried. The other two were Harry's Shave Cream and Edge Extra Protection Shave Gel. I got a DFS shave using the Barbasol and a Mach3.

Blue/Menthol - (regular “Menthol” is discontinued) the BEST, i first used this when I was 14 & started having to shave! “Arctic chill” was fantastic but is defunct too :(
“Pacific Rush” is great but smells weird in a air freshener kinda way.

Orange- probably the best but only in the non aerosol tube. It’s leaves my skin so soft!

Green/Aloe- good but smells exactly like the play bath foam I use on my kids.

Purple/Extra moisturizing - hands down the BEST SMELLING Barbasol-slicker than all & my god does it smell godlike! I did some research & per the ingredients it’s the fragrance of “Irish Moss” whatever that is smells like heaven.

Yellow/skin conditioner - can’t find it. It must still be in production cuz the relatively new logo/design is seen on it in adds/eBay so it’s out there....

Last time I used this was a long time ago and used to use lemon lime.
I don’t even recognize any of these variations, what the heck.

The only Barbasol cream I have any real experience with is the yellow skin conditioner formula, the one with Lanolin in it. Lanolin leaves the skin extra soft post shave.. It is good stuff.... and in my regular rotation. The others I do not know much about... Hope this helps!

The one thing that should probably be mentioned is that lanolin is an ingredient that some people with sensitive skin are allergic to. Not saying OP shouldn't try the lanolin formula, just that, if you feel a burning sensation when you use it, you likely have a lanolin allergy.

When I use canned goo I only use Barbasol Original. I really wish they would make a puck with that scent.

I have a few cans of the old Skin Conditioner (yellow stripes) left, hands down the best canned foam I've used, and I've used plenty over the years. I haven't tried the new Extra Moisturizing variety, looks to be similar.

Top Bottom