What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I learned that if applying too much pressure with a DE razor it helps to hold the handle at the end, as far away from the head as possible. This really does allow the weight of the razor to do the work and has vastly improved my results with razors I had previously considered too aggressive. I think this should be the default position. Conversely I get better results with a razor that might otherwise be too mild by simply holding it closer to the head. This is a big step up in my technique I feel, as I can subtly change razor aggression by changing my hand position, mid shave if necessary. Do other members experience the same effect?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I learnt that you shouldn't put a dragon edge on your SR and shave for that perfect 3-pass BBS perfect shave.

I did this yesterday and 24 hours later my face is still DFS smooth. Looks like I will have to wait another day before I can again enjoy my SR shaving.

I blame Slash and his damn Method for this!

Helping my father-in-law after his recent surgery. So I have been using my travel kit with the same set-up every day this week. The good news is that I have been getting one fine shave after another!!

Sticking with one set-up for awhile provides an opportunity to learn how to get the best from your kit!! :a29:

(Even if I miss the variety I get from my various rotations at home.)

Dorco ST-301 blades a pretty good! I found a tuck in my drawer and took one for a spin today, I got a very nice shave. Lets see how it holds up this week.

Alum can be used as preshave as well as a post shave. More testing needed, but I think shave was much better with alum as a pre.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Alum can be used as preshave as well as a post shave. More testing needed, but I think shave was much better with alum as a pre.
You might find that before and after shaving using alum might dry out the skin or get that dry feeling if used a lot possibly IMO!

Make sure the blade is TIGHT inside the TTO butterfly. I loosened mine a bit to rinse out some build-up mid-shave and forgot to tighten it again. That was a painful mistake resulting in several weepers on my neck.

Top Bottom