What's new

Wizamet Super Iridium, real or not?

@Tostig

Here is how I know they are fakes. See any differences in the blade?
There is no shave quality. Basically at the first stroke you stop because they can't cut your whiskers.

Fake POLSILVER.png

@Tostig

There is no shave quality. Basically at the first stroke you stop because they can't cut your whiskers.

View attachment 1063363
No attempt to mimic the appearance of the genuine blade, then? Just stuff the cheapest Chinese crap blade possible in the packaging? I think I read an article about these criminals, evidently they sold several million dollars worth of fakes.

@Tostig

View attachment 1063363

Wow, those fakes look really bad, like no attempt was made whatsoever to fool anyone, past the packaging. Glad to say my four sleeves of 250 look like the blades on the right. Where'd you get the fakes - please tell me it wasn't Droma, Wizashaves or the Adeleecha guy.

Ok guys, a few pics of the blades I received today from dromashop on Ebay. From what everyone has been saying, I feel like these are legit, but I won't shave with one for a few days to give feedback on that part.

Are these normally double wrapped with paper?

Edit: added pics of front and back of tuck

Attachments

• wizamet3.jpg
    wizamet3.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 65
  • wizamet2.jpg
    wizamet2.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 66
  • wizamet1.jpg
    wizamet1.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 76
  • wizamet.jpg
    wizamet.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 74
  • wizamet4.jpg
    wizamet4.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20200215_154449.jpg
    IMG_20200215_154449.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 53
Ok guys, a few pics of the blades I received today from dromashop on Ebay. From what everyone has been saying, I feel like these are legit, but I won't shave with one for a few days to give feedback on that part.

Yes & those giant wax or glue dots are a dead ringer for what you want to see on legit blades.

They look legit. Yours has Australia on so everything should be good :) These were the ones Droma should of sent me but he came out with some story about sending me old ones because they were better but they turned out to be fake

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215_132526_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200215_132526_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    872.4 KB · Views: 47

Edit: added pics of front and back of tuck
All good. It’s the real thing 👍

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I received a batch of Polsilvers that I suspected were fake, so I contacted the seller. The blades say only Extra Stainless, and have no wax dots. The seller responded quite rapidly that he contacted P&G in Russia and they insisted it was a legit blade, and that other customers were happy once he explained this. So I took a shot and shaved with one, and it shaved great. Don’t know if they are really legit or not, but the common denominator with all the fakes is that they all seem to shave like poo. These shave as expected for a Polsilver. So who knows. I decided not to pursue any action or try to get a refund. They shave very well, so I think I’m okay. I’ve read all the threads on fake Polsilvers, and these exhibit some of the symptoms but not others. It’s a crap shoot these days.

The ones on the right are potentially fake. If they didn’t shave so well, I’d be sure they were fakes.

EB3D855D-4C8D-4A78-A63C-562569F8DA69.jpeg

I received a batch of Polsilvers that I suspected were fake, so I contacted the seller. The blades say only Extra Stainless, and have no wax dots. The seller responded quite rapidly that he contacted P&G in Russia and they insisted it was a legit blade, and that other customers were happy once he explained this. So I took a shot and shaved with one, and it shaved great. Don’t know if they are really legit or not, but the common denominator with all the fakes is that they all seem to shave like poo. These shave as expected for a Polsilver. So who knows. I decided not to pursue any action or try to get a refund. They shave very well, so I think I’m okay. I’ve read all the threads on fake Polsilvers, and these exhibit some of the symptoms but not others. It’s a crap shoot these days.

The ones on the right are potentially fake. If they didn’t shave so well, I’d be sure they were fakes.

View attachment 1063598
Major differences but at least they shave good as you say.

View attachment 1063598
Left is the real deal..... Right is fake

Can confirm, all blades currently in retail where I live (central Poland) are fakes, seems reasonable to buy from marocco sellers

Good news. Dromoshop has refunded me for the 250 poor blades. BUT he wants me to ship them to another buyer instead of sending back to him. I) If I did this it would complicate things. 2) I would hate to send another one of his buyers the poor blades which are unusable. Opinions guys?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217_144750_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200217_144750_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 38

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Good news. Dromoshop has refunded me for the 250 poor blades. BUT he wants me to ship them to another buyer instead of sending back to him. I) If I did this it would complicate things. 2) I would hate to send another one of his buyers the poor blades which are unusable. Opinions guys?

Man, thats quite a pickle. Not sure what I would do if it were me. Good luck.

Send them to another buyer??? Don't get involved in that. Someone else is about to be had if you do.

There exists in the UK a well known and respected vendor of shaving supplies and razors. A few years back on a UK Forum someone was asking for advice on what he suspected were fake Polsilver blades. The photos he posted clearly showed fakes, and he reported the blades as terrible quality. He named the vendor. People didn't want to hear it because they trusted the vendor.

The vendor responded, saying he had contacted his supplier, a legit European distributor of these blades. The distributor claimed the blades were genuine, which satisfied the UK vendor. I kept insisting they were fakes regardless of where they came from. I was right. More posts appeared with the same complaint and the UK vendor pulled the blades from his website. Eventually.

The point of my ramblings is vendors are not necessarily knowingly buying fakes. Legitimate sources are being infiltrated by criminals. The UK NHS discovered a few years back they had millions of £££ worth of counterfeit drugs in their inventory.

That said, although they might not be knowingly buying fakes, much can be learned from how they respond when they find out they have been duped. Do they continue selling them or eat the loss? Do they try and get an unhappy and vocal buyer to send them to another unsuspecting buyer? The latter really is the icing on the cake. His behaviour should, in my mind, ruin his credibility as a vendor to all on this Forum.

Top Bottom