What's new

My strop was delivered rolled. Is it still useable?

I got this strop from amazon and when I received it it was coiled. I was wondering if I could still use it. if not could I repair it and how?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Lie the strop on a flat surface for a couple of days and it should flatten out.

I do see that the strop surface looks a little funky, but that could just be the pictures.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
While it will straighten out the wrinkles are now there for good. You can roll a strop loosely with the skin side out but never roll it the other way. Once the top grain breaks from the fibers below it cannot be repaired. Ask for a replacement

I think I’ll just return it because I don’t think I can make special packaging instructions for something that comes from an amazon warehouse but thanks for the help guys

FYI, I remember ordering an Illinois strop from Amazon and when it arrived it was laying flat in a large box. You might want to look into that one as a beginner strop if that’s what your goal is.

Larry

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
GBS is not a brand that I am particularly fond of, and that style of hardware is not to my liking either. Rolling of such a small strop should be totally unnecessary and reflects poorly on the vendor. Your strop would work but a nicer piece of leather with no wrinkles would be a LOT better IMHO.

Top Bottom