What's new

Bic de blade

I love them, finding them very sharp and smooth with good longevity. They are also reasonably priced. On the forums, it seems to be a "love it or hate it" type of blade, for reasons unknown. I have to scratch my head when people say they pull and tug, cut them to pieces, feel rough, etc. Totally opposite from my experience.

I love them, finding them very sharp and smooth with good longevity. They are also reasonably priced. On the forums, it seems to be a "love it or hate it" type of blade, for reasons unknown. I have to scratch my head when people say they pull and tug, cut them to pieces, feel rough, etc. Totally opposite from my experience.
My feelings exactly. Bic's are in my top 3 blades.

I liked them but I have so many other blades already that I'm not buying anything more until I am done with what I have.

I recently bought 100 Bics. Very sharp and very smooth. If you are into smooth blades, the Bic is a must. Covers the sharper end of what I consider to be the smoothest blades: Derby Premium, RPL, Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum, Astra Superior Stainless and Bic - to name a few.

It has been awhile since I used one, so take this with a grain (or more) of salt.

Many love them, but for me Bic blades are ’mid-tier,’ sharp enough but not most comfortable.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I find them to be quite sharp. I like them in a Tech. Buy sampler pack and give them a try.

My favorite blade is the Polsilver but I'm a fan of the bic blade.

I rank them around the level of gsb, Gillette black and nacet, maybe even a notch above...but below Polsilver.

The yellow box Bics who name escape me have been the worse blades I have ever used. Bought them twice at 6 month intervals with the same result. The Bic Astor I really like. The yellows are rough & feel like I'm shaving with broken glass. In fact out of all the blades I have tried these are the only ones I hate. But with blades YMMV.

I recently bought 100 Bics. Very sharp and very smooth. If you are into smooth blades, the Bic is a must. Covers the sharper end of what I consider to be the smoothest blades...
For me the WORST blade I have bought......rough.....jumps and doesn't cut. Pulls hairs out. Same for my bro. We tossed them
As I was saying earlier, "love it or hate it." How it is possible for the same brand of blades to have such diametrically opposed opinions is beyond me.

Love these blades in our house, wife and I both. Longevity off the charts and seem to get sharper with use for quite a while.

As for use in a tech... in general I love pairing mild razors with sharper blades and get great results. I have average skin and beard I assume, and I have been able to have success with these blades in everything from Gillette techs up to RR GC84 Jaws and Muhle R41. Admittedly, shaves 2,3 and 4 in a more aggressive razor can result in a weeper or two but no discomfort or anything resembling a bloodbath.

As I was saying earlier, "love it or hate it." How it is possible for the same brand of blades to have such diametrically opposed opinions is beyond me.

One possibility is there are counterfeits on the market and the complaints fall on those blades without the person complaining knowing. There are for other DE blade brands so no reason that Bic blades may not have the same problem depending the vendor. Other possibility they could be complaining about the Bic Astor blades which are completely different from the Bic Chrome Platinum blades.

Me personally I've been wet shaving for over 10 years now and for 9+ of them I've almost exclusively used Bic Chrome Platinum blades after going through the initial sampler pack phase most beginners do when first starting out.

From my experience: these are some of the sharpest blades on the market. Probably on par with Feather, but cheaper. Use is a mild razor for a smooth shave. I would not recommend using them in an aggressive razor.

Top Bottom