What's new

Old Spice Brush Root Beer

Hi folks just over a week ago I bought an Old Spice Brush that arrived today here is said brush, don't know why they called it Root Beer as the brush is from the late 1970s. It was included in a Mystic Harbor gift set with a mug and a bottle of aftershave.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Not in bad shape but the knot is shot. So I set to and cut the hairs back ready to drill the glue bump out

4.jpg
5.jpg

So set to and removed it and was surprised how clean it came out. So gave the handle a quick sand with fine wet and dry, then a polish ready for the new knot.

6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

The plug size is a 19mm knot so went and got my knots out, and 2 part epoxy mixed it up in the hole of the handle and fitted the knot. And here she is sporting a new 19mm Silver Tip Badger. Just got the Old Spice on the bottom to paint and job done then I can test her out...

11.jpg
12.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gents this one I did enjoy restoring back to life, it's a little smaller than I'm used to the size i like is 24 to 26mm but it will get used.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Very very nice. I would love one of those brushes, the size would be perfect for me. Congratulations, you did a fine job. 👍

I did try it this afternoon and did a test lather just to clean the knot, and I can say I was surprised at the amount of lather from a small brush as you can see here.

20200215_181143.jpg
20200215_181220.jpg

And thanks Gentlemen for the great feedback on this restore.

Hi folks just over a week ago I bought an Old Spice Brush that arrived today here is said brush, don't know why they called it Root Beer as the brush is from the late 1970s. It was included in a Mystic Harbor gift set with a mug and a bottle of aftershave.

View attachment 1063007View attachment 1063008View attachment 1063009

Not in bad shape but the knot is shot. So I set to and cut the hairs back ready to drill the glue bump out

View attachment 1063011View attachment 1063012

So set to and removed it and was surprised how clean it came out. So gave the handle a quick sand with fine wet and dry, then a polish ready for the new knot.

View attachment 1063013View attachment 1063014View attachment 1063015

The plug size is a 19mm knot so went and got my knots out, and 2 part epoxy mixed it up in the hole of the handle and fitted the knot. And here she is sporting a new 19mm Silver Tip Badger. Just got the Old Spice on the bottom to paint and job done then I can test her out...

Sweet.......

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
That is a really beautiful brush and for me stands head and shoulders above any other you care to name in terms of desirability, it is without exception the nicest brush I have seen in many years. Don't be bowl lathering with it - that bad boy deserves to be face lathering!

Top Bottom