SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 10th - February 16th, 2020

F555E44B-0382-4B87-BB6F-42306C706E27.jpeg

SOTD 02/14/20 Valentines Day

RAZOR: LaResche 77
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Preshave Cube Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash

Friday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Sandpiper
Soap: WSP Rustic Mahogany
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW Long Comb
Blade: Vintage Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless (4)
Brush: Knotsinyourhead/Whipped Dog Silvertip-20mmx48mm
Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

WSP Rustic Mahogany today. 20 seconds to load the Knotsinyourhead/Whipped Dog Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette “Spoiler” SS in the Gillette NEW Long Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Country Club Southern Oud aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

How does the Envoy compare to your ‘beloved’ Blackbird?

Patented Noob Review here brother:

SOTD, while on winter break in Montana!
Shower + glycerin soap face lather and rinse.
Stirling Gatlinburg shave soap + Muehle badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding shavette + Softguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

Sorry, no shave photo! Have to head back into the park for one last day!

proxy.php

Friday
Pre-shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap/Stirling Bergamot Lavender Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Aftershave: Alum/Baxter Herbal Mint Toner/Ogallala Bay Rum
Balm: Clinique for Men Broad Spectrum Moisturizer

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Feb 14th,2020- Still enjoying my Oneblade Core and still having some fun with it, today I experimented with a shim(.005 thousands of a inch thickness taped to the modified gem blade) it's a bit crude but effective. You can not get a closer shave with out potato peeling the skin. (excellent shave). The closer the shave the greater the chances of possible irritation as a rule of thumb IMO. I did notice a increase in blade feel because of larger blade gap with slight aggression & efficiency increase but nothing serious to worry about. But I enjoy just the regular shave with no adjustment to blade just as much. All my razors go through a gauntlet of testing & if I like the results it stays in rotation-(2 pass,3 pass,shim if possible,buffing,J-hooking & Gillette slide or Oneblade slide :yikes: .)

Razor : One blade Core 2nd version- MFG 2018>
Blade : Gem SS PTFE modified (8) with a .005 tapped shim piggy backed on lower half.
Soap : Razorock "What the Puck" orange citrus bergamot scent.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm.
Pre-shave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + A dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + Nivea Men balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:

SOTD Feb 14th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD, Feb 14th,2020- Still enjoying my Oneblade Core and still having some fun with it, today I experimented with a shim(.005 thousands of a inch thickness taped to the modified gem blade) it's a bit crude but effective. You can not get a closer shave with out potato peeling the skin. (excellent shave). The closer the shave the greater the chances of possible irritation as a rule of thumb IMO. I did notice a increase in blade feel because of larger blade gap with slight aggression & efficiency increase but nothing serious to worry about. But I enjoy just the regular shave with no adjustment to blade just as much. All my razors go through a gauntlet of testing & if I like the results it stays in rotation-(2 pass,3 pass,shim if possible,buffing,J-hooking & Gillette slide before or Oneblade slide :yikes: .)

Razor : One blade Core 2nd version- MFG 2018>
Blade : Gem SS PTFE modified (8) with a .005 tapped shim piggy backed on lower half.
Soap : Razorock "What the Puck" orange citrus bergamot scent.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm.
Pre-shave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + A dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + Nivea Men balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:

SOTD Feb 14th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Have some great shaves!

I'm seriously considering trying the Core to see how it compares to the Genesis. They say it's a little milder, which I might actually enjoy.

Friday, 2/14:

20200214_093410.jpg

Razor - Merkur 15C
Blade - Astra
Brush - That Darn Rob "Husker" 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
A/S - Proraso Cypress and Vetiver

This was a weird shave. I started off loading the Mitchell's and thinking it wasn't enough as I lathered it, so I went back and loaded more only to realize I'd had it right the first time and now was way overloaded. There was so much lather spilling out of the bowl before I'd gotten it quite to the hydration I wanted that I had to just take the brush to my face and lather it there so I didn't have so much excess. Lather everywhere, what a mess. But once it was acceptable, boy is Mitchell's a good soap. SOOO slick; I was using a mild razor, but still, the glide is so great. And of course, great residual and post shave too. Because it took me so long to dial in the lather, I had to rush through my shave and ended up with a little irritation, which never happens with the 15C, but it dissipated pretty quickly and the shave was still pretty close. Hey, they can't ALL be great shaves!

Top Bottom