What's new

HOMELIKE and USPS

Just wanted to report on my experience purchasing a Homelike shaving tool from Russia.
If you’re considering a purchase from Homelike, be sure to take your ability to be patient into consideration...before hitting the PayPal key.
Both myself and B&B member Keto have been waiting for the arrival of Homelike razors from Omsk. Keto’s experience is messier, I’ll let him explain, if he chooses.
Regarding my mess...Homelike shipped my Baikal razor on Jan 16. The arrival in the US was Jan 25 at JFK airport in NY. 9 days to cross half the earth and pass thru Russian customs. Then it gets interesting...🤯
Since the package has been in the hands of the USPS, it has visited: Dallas Jan 28, Chicago Feb 8, Cincinnati Feb 10. (Cincinnati is heading east, I live west of Chi-town.) The Baikal has now been in the US for 17 days and still doesn’t have my mailbox in its sights.
It all seems so simple until the USPS and US Customs gets involved.
Thought you’d want to know. 🤔

View attachment 1062030
USPS really has a knack for screwing this stuff up. I received an eBay order today that was supposed to be delivered last Thursday. Watching the tracking it made no less than 4 trips from the regional post office to the main post office for the city then finally out to my local neighborhood office.

My father shared a story just a month or so back that he ordered hardware for a compartment on his camper from a company up in Illinois or Wisconsin, shipped USPS to his place outside of Cincinnati. He tracked the package to Texas, Pennsylvania, California, Hawaii, Arizona, Missouri, Kentucky then finally to his home address. This Tom place for almost 7 weeks as it went MIA in Texas for 10 days and again in Arizona for another 19. All that for a package that was supposed to be delivered in 3 to 5 business days.

Guess I should stop complaining about my packages occasionally bouncing back and forth between local regional delivery facilities before they are inevitably delivered a few days later than they would be otherwise.:thumbup1:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Awww.. Thanks ya all! I understand it can be frustrating watching something loop for no apparent reason, and we do have our fair share of flubs. But we do manage to get a lot of stuff moved to where it belongs in a timely fashion.

Hmmmm... I had no idea we sucked so bad. All the packages on my route are delivered to the correct location without any shenanigans whatsoever. I know cuz they are delivered by me and I am amazing. Heck, I even get stuff to them when they get their own addresses wrong because it's my business to know who lives in each of those 854 residences. What happens on my day off on however...

I'll also have you know that you don't have to worry about us driving on the wrong side of the road like those happy go lucky Amazon vans who I am certain get each and every delivery correctly.:letterk1:

Also a friendly reminder from all your delivery drivers for those of who shop on line and live, like me, in some of those areas with colder climates; If your looking for a package delivered to your door please break out a snow shovel and maybe even some ice melt. We really appreciate that. No, really.
Well, I like my mailman he does a great job as most do. We talk a bit when we can.
I don't know where a tracked package disappears to but not your fault.if you find my razor please try it, after 11 weeks in shipping it should be used.
But seriously, thanks for what you do at USPS.

I'm fluent in Russian, and if you only realized how much the owner of Homelike Shaving dislikes America and Americans I doubt you would've bought anything from him.
Sorry couldn't hold back.

Hmmm, a buddy of mine who is also fluent in Russian, watched a bunch of Youtube stuff, I think, and said something similar to me recently. He said to me something along the lines of "dude's disdain for Americans is barely beneath the surface." I really thought he was kidding and dismissed it. So you're the second opinion like this I've "heard."

Hmmmm... I had no idea we sucked so bad. All the packages on my route are delivered to the correct location without any shenanigans whatsoever. I know cuz they are delivered by me and I am amazing. Heck, I even get stuff to them when they get their own addresses wrong because it's my business to know who lives in each of those 854 residences. What happens on my day off on however...

I'll also have you know that you don't have to worry about us driving on the wrong side of the road like those happy go lucky Amazon vans who I am certain get each and every delivery correctly.:letterk1:

Also a friendly reminder from all your delivery drivers for those of who shop on line and live, like me, in some of those areas with colder climates; If your looking for a package delivered to your door please break out a snow shovel and maybe even some ice melt. We really appreciate that. No, really.
I did not share these experiences for the purpose of making the post office look entirely incompetent. This is a just a personal YMMV experience I have had ever so often. I had a great postal carrier where I grew up in a more rural setting and I love ll I’ve outside a major city in the suburbs now and happen to think highly of and appreciate a few of the folks at my local office. They are good folks. I regularly have issues with sorting facilities from specific corners or my state/region and more often than not encounter delays and inaccurate details. I am guilty of ordering an obscene amount of stuff from amazon over the last 9 years and have honestly not had significant issues with UPS, and the majority of amazon delivered items have been delivered without any issues. USPS tends to get stuff screwed up and lost before it gets to my city and local office, and FedEX can’t seem to get anything right with delivering to my address.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Rustyshackleford,

The USPS has a lot of opportunities to improve on what they do. I really do not believe that your post was meant to slander the USPS. I do readily recognize that some packages are wildly and inexplicably sent from one corner of the US back to the middle and back to another corner before, hopefully, arriving at the correct destination. My responses to posts in this thread were to a certain degree tongue in cheek. My job is to deliver accurately what is provided to me by my station to my customers on any given day. In a typical week I deliver about 700 packages. I clear all my deliveries daily to ensure none were missed and our scanners provide geo tracking within a couple feet of where they were delivered, providing proper tracking was provided. In the last year I have misdelivered two parcels, entirely my fault, and both were recovered. The bottom line is that when you order something your expectation is that it should be delivered accurately and in a reasonable amount of time and I couldn't agree with that more. I am truly sorry that it doesn't happen all the time.

I bought one, shipped next day and I got in south USA in max 2weeks.
But I bought a watch from Ebay...., it has NOT arrived 4months. Seller offered to send another, I said no thanks.
So I do not know what's going on w you razors.

Mine took over 2 months to arrive. Ultimately it did arrive. He really should remove the shipping by boat from the EU to the US option as it takes forever.

I am not American, but if he's out there talking s**t about a group of people, that's not cool in my book.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Mine took over 2 months to arrive. Ultimately it did arrive. He really should remove the shipping by boat from the EU to the US option as it takes forever.

I am not American, but if he's out there talking s**t about a group of people, that's not cool in my book.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
@
2 reasons not 2 buy..........

I bought one, shipped next day and I got in south USA in max 2weeks.
But I bought a watch from Ebay...., it has NOT arrived 4months. Seller offered to send another, I said no thanks.
So I do not know what's going on w you razors.
Hmm, your watch might be with one of our razors layed up watching TV just relaxing.

Well, everyone at the post office in Cincinnati has shaved now. It has departed.
i think there should be wagering! I’ll give my beautiful Chinese Q shave TTO to anyone who can guess the next city to shave with my Baikal razor! I say Albuquerque.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tap
Well, everyone at the post office in Cincinnati has shaved now. It has departed.
i think there should be wagering! I’ll give my beautiful Chinese Q shave TTO to anyone who can guess the next city to shave with my Baikal razor! I say Albuquerque.
Oklahoma City is my guess,lol

And you know this how?
Homelike has a Russian language YouTube channel that is typically politics-free and focuses on the art of wet shaving.

In one of the videos, however, I heard him use an anti-American slur that could be roughly translated as “American f#ggots”, so I asked him about it pretending to be a Russian dude.

He went on a long tirade how “f**king” America “bullies other nations”, and how Russia is a great military superpower that won’t stand for it, an so on and so forth. Typical anti-American Kremlin propaganda meant to make Russians feel great about themselves as the small circle of billionaires robs the country blind while the vast majority of the country lives in abhorrent poverty.

Needless to say I won’t spend a penny at his store.

Homelike has a Russian language YouTube channel that is typically politics-free and focuses on the art of wet shaving.

In one of the videos, however, I heard him use an anti-American slur that could be roughly translated as “American f#ggots”, so I asked him about it pretending to be a Russian dude.

He went on a long tirade how “f**king” America “bullies other nations”, and how Russia is a great military superpower that won’t stand for it, an so on and so forth. Typical anti-American Kremlin propaganda meant to make Russians feel great about themselves as the small circle of billionaires robs the country blind while the vast majority of the country lives in abhorrent poverty.

Needless to say I won’t spend a penny at his store.
Hmm, wow that's some good information. I Speechless , but good investigation on your part.

The USPS in general is a stinkin joke. My sister and I live in the same. Zip code, two miles apart. If she were to send me a Christmas card, it would be shipped halfway across the state to the state capitol in Harrisburg, and then shipped all the way back to me. How very freaking efficient.

I bought a razor from 3bay, 3 states away....5hr drive. Seller sent next day....., it took 20+days... to the point that I told him to contact the Postal Service inspector general.... as this was a recurrent problem....

I bought a razor from 3bay, 3 states away....5hr drive. Seller sent next day....., it took 20+days... to the point that I told him to contact the Postal Service inspector general.... as this was a recurrent problem....
Did your show tracking the whole time?

Top Bottom