What's new

Went on a buying spree today...

After a lot of reading, viewing SOTD, and other posts here/other forums/reddit/FB, I put together a list of soaps and products I really wanted to try. As mentioned in previous posts, I've never been one to slowly get into anything. Today I jumped in head first...

List of items I got either new or used that I am really looking forward to using. If any of you have experience with these products, I would love to hear your thoughts... Also just opinions in the items in general. Ill obviously be able to form my own opinion as they get delivered, but it always good to hear others thoughts!

Here is the run down of what came in or I ordered today:

Soaps/Scents:
Ariana and Evans Which Ones Pink
Ariana and Evans Which Spartacus
Ariana and Evans Asian Pear
Barrister and Mann Cool
Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender Milksteak Base Chatillon Lux Collaboration
Declaration Grooming Gratiot League Square - Milksteak Base Chatillon Lux Collaboration
Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents Shaving Soap Milkstreak
Declaration Grooming Chaipre Milkstreak
Murphy and McNeil Nantahala Kodiak
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Aqua D
Phoenix and Beau Shaving Soap Albion
Talbot Authors Ridge
Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Classic 24
Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Club Cola
Zingari Man The Magician

After Shave:
Ariana and Evans Post Shave Serum
Maol Grooming Marlogue Wood

Brush:
Wolf Whiskers custom handle with a 26mm TGN Grade A Silvertip

Very nice haul and some excellent top tier products listed here!

A&E Which Ones Pink is a unusual scent that is classified as a "Oriental" that is well done IMO. Some of the scents can grow on you over time in case you don't care for one at first, so do not be quick to get rid of a product due to scent.

Wickhams Club Cola is one of the best Cola scents IMO. Have a tub in the older Super Smooth Formula (which is actually in the queue to be used in upcoming days) some describe it as a Lemon Tart as well. Excellent soap base IMO.

Wolf Whisker brushes are loved by almost everyone that has been lucky enough to obtain one. Congratulations!

Hope you enjoy the new gear!

Very nice haul and some excellent top tier products listed here!

A&E Which Ones Pink is a unusual scent that is classified as a "Oriental" that is well done IMO. Some of the scents can grow on you over time in case you don't care for one at first, so do not be quick to get rid of a product due to scent.

Wickhams Club Cola is one of the best Cola scents IMO. Have a tub in the older Super Smooth Formula (which is actually in the queue to be used in upcoming days) some describe it as a Lemon Tart as well. Excellent soap base IMO.

Wolf Whisker brushes are loved by almost everyone that has been lucky enough to obtain one. Congratulations!

Hope you enjoy the new gear!

Absolutely looking forward to getting into the list:)

Cheers!

What hardware do you use?

Typically a Blackland Blackbird but, I also have a Dart. I also use a vintage blue tip and red tip here and there.
I happen to like the Blackbird far better than the rest, so it’s typically what I grab most often.

Great choices @cundiff5535. It's great advice to give the scents some time if they are not love at first scent.

Funny story on the Talbot Marlogue Wood scent. It's a very deep and strong woody scent that really didn't appeal to me at first. I thought it might be what I would smell like if I got drunk, broke into a sawmill and slept in a pile of sawdust, though it really calms down after drydown.

But, I have given it some time, and it has really grown on me. It's now a go-to for me in the colder months and I quite enjoy it. Had I let my first impression rule, definitely wouldn't have found a product that I like. And the Maol splashes are wonderful with face feel due to their superlative ingredients.

Great choices @cundiff5535. It's great advice to give the scents some time if they are not love at first scent.

Funny story on the Talbot Marlogue Wood scent. It's a very deep and strong woody scent that really didn't appeal to me at first. I thought it might be what I would smell like if I got drunk, broke into a sawmill and slept in a pile of sawdust, though it really calms down after drydown.

But, I have given it some time, and it has really grown on me. It's now a go-to for me in the colder months and I quite enjoy it. Had I let my first impression rule, definitely wouldn't have found a product that I like. And the Maol splashes are wonderful with face feel due to their superlative ingredients.

100% understand this! Although I’m a newer shaver, all hobbies tend to have overlap in terms of things that happen... fomo, buying to much, overspending, thinking you need something and then never use it...

Anyway, I am very much experienced in all these things:) lol

I really am excited to see how these soaps all perform, smell, and work out.

You're in for one helluva great rotation. Enjoy and post!

Your and others comments have put my mind at ease. Often times “influencers” say, do, and influence based on free product, or get paid to sway opinion.

I always try to be wary of that and cautious when looking at others advice, esp when it comes to the internet.

From what I am reading here, it sounds like the list I complied of “things to buy” is solid... which was the goal.

As I go, I’ll def be posting and updating my thoughts... maybe I’ll even just keep this thread running vs making new threads of the products... Either way I’ll try to get as much info out to you all as I can once I start using the stuff!!

After a lot of reading, viewing SOTD, and other posts here/other forums/reddit/FB, I put together a list of soaps and products I really wanted to try. As mentioned in previous posts, I've never been one to slowly get into anything. Today I jumped in head first...

List of items I got either new or used that I am really looking forward to using. If any of you have experience with these products, I would love to hear your thoughts... Also just opinions in the items in general. Ill obviously be able to form my own opinion as they get delivered, but it always good to hear others thoughts!

Here is the run down of what came in or I ordered today:

Soaps/Scents:
Ariana and Evans Which Spartacus
Ariana and Evans Asian Pear
Barrister and Mann Cool
Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender Milksteak Base Chatillon Lux Collaboration
Declaration Grooming Gratiot League Square - Milksteak Base Chatillon Lux Collaboration
Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents Shaving Soap Milkstreak
Declaration Grooming Chaipre Milkstreak
Murphy and McNeil Nantahala Kodiak
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Aqua D
Phoenix and Beau Shaving Soap Albion
Talbot Authors Ridge
Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Classic 24
Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Club Cola
Zingari Man The Magician

After Shave:
Ariana and Evans Post Shave Serum
Maol Grooming Marlogue Wood

Brush:
Wolf Whiskers custom handle with a 26mm TGN Grade A Silvertip
That is one heck of a list of acquired products. IMHO, A&E is masterful with its scents as is Chatillon Lux, the collaborator on half of your Declaration Grooming soaps. You really scored with Nantahala and Zingari Man The Magician. Those two soaps alone make your list top notch. Great list!

Ariana & Evans is great soap. Barrister & Mann is my favorite though. I don't see any Bay Rum on your list so while you're shopping grab B&M's Bay Rum soap and a bottle of Phoenix Artisan's Atomic Age Bay Rum aftershave.

As someone who has a large soap collection, I congratulate your on your great start. I hope you enjoy both the scents and performance of your soaps. You do have some great ones in your new collection.

I am a little surprised that you started out by purchasing multiple scents from the same artisan, although I suspect you would have ended up with them sooner or later. Sometimes it is best to start out with one or two soaps from an artisan, make sure you like the performance, and then add other scents later.

Once you get a chance to evaluate this allotment, here are some other soaps you might like:

Barrister and Mann Excelsior base- I like Reserve, but I like Excelsior more.
Grooming Department- most any soap base available
Murphy and McNeil Aon base- not as good a Kodiak, but more scents are available.
Wholly Kaw Siero base- a wonderful soap

Top Bottom