Lather: Noble Otter Two Kings
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200206_123702.jpg

89CA01CF-E5EA-4C76-A5A8-1F9EA1F45993.jpeg

SOTD 02/07/20

One of the problems with having too many safety razors is that we forget certain things about our favorites. The LaResche 51 has a well deserved reputation. It is simply a magnificent shaving tool. The LaResche family were originally Swiss, and apparently spent four decades on incremental improvements to the Model 51. It is both smooth and incredibly efficient. I would hazard to say that this NOS example represents the endpoint of their razor business and is every bit as good as any of the modern artisan razors I've shaved with.

Today’s shave again featured MWF, the best shaving soap on the planet for those without lanolin allergies. I love the stuff! I have been using it every day since February 1st, and must say that my dome and face feel very hydrated. So much so, that I decided to forgo the PAA Cube Preshave Soap today. I just lathered up with my Jayaruh Custom Silvertip Badger and had at it. My first WTG pass seemed pretty close to yesterday’s perfect shave, but did leave some tangible rough spots in my usual places on my face, whereas yesterday’s first pass left me pretty much at the BBS level on my face. The same was true for the dome as well. This shave, not so much! I guess there is something to be said for the efficacy of PAA Cube Preshave Soap. In any case, after relathering, the ATG second pass cleared every thing up! If the goal is to achieve a full bloodless BBS on a regular basis this razor joins a select club for me. The club members are: Colonial Silversmith, Blackland Vector, Seki AS-D2, RR SS Lupo, and GE Jones Shake Sharp. I'm now on my second two pass, bloodless BBS. I’ll keep shaving with this razor until blood appears. I've never had more than three in a row. I still don’t understand how this razor can be so smooth and at the same time so efficient. There was no heat from the alum block for the second day in a row. I’m really liking this French shaving tool! I feel clean smooth, cool and refreshed!

RAZOR: LaResche 51 Luxe
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold Water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash

Saturday SOTD
DSC00679 (2).jpg

Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Personna Injector (D6)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers 26mm Black Wolf
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: BWW Black Beard (Bay Rum w Lime)
Balm: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: BWW Black Beard (Bay Rum w Lime)

Date:- 08 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Rochas Man

Saturday's Modern Williams Shave;
  • Carbon Shaving Co Cx-316L
  • Concord (2)
  • Zenith B32
  • Modern Williams Mug Shaving Soap
  • Marvy Mug
  • VDH Bowl
  • Fine Lather Bowl
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Williams Aqua Velva Ice Blue (US Ver) AS
  • Williams Aqua Velva 5 in 1 (US Ver) ASB
  • Homemade Hair Tonic
  • Gillette Cool Wave Deo
  • DAX Short and Neat Pomade
  • Clubman Original Body Powder
[IMG]

[IMG]

SOTD : 8th February 2020.

e.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Mug Lather.

Uber/Superlather : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap/ Williams Mug Shaving Soap + Palmolive Classic Shaving Cream.

Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond.(1)

Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ASL.

Boots ~ Cucumber Moisturing Lotion.

Greetings,

A early start to the weekend for me..We have a back log of work at the mill to be completed.so it's a saturday at the mill..Needs must unfortunately.....

A new shave set up to start the weekend..which will yet again feature more eclectic shaving assortments from my shaving den that i've infrequently used.

It's been a which since i used the parker 24C which paired together with the indian made supermax BD blade very nicely with no issues making a smooth non-aggressive ,yet efficient indian made razor & blade duo...A great combo.

The 24C is my least aggressive OC razor in my my den,but like all my parker razors it still gives a efficient shave with a steeper shaving angle & the right blade choice.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Cucumber Moisturing Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Saturday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Sandpiper
Soap: Ghost Town Barber Summer Storm
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Blue Super Platinum (11)
Brush: RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip-28mmx51mm
Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Ghost Town Barber Summer Storm today. 20 seconds to load the RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette Blue Super Platinum still in the vintage Gillette Slim. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Clubman Whiskey Woods aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Top Bottom