IMG_20200206_011901.jpg

Pre-shave: Warm water
Razor: Vintage Minora Bakelite
IMG_20200206_012846.jpg

Blade: Gillette 7oclock SharpEdge
Brush: Vintage Gillette
Shaving Cream: The Real Shaving Co. double concentrated shave cream
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Astral Original

Nice relaxing shave today i didn't shave against the grain, just across in both directions & i was pleased with the smooth end result, I love using my light razors, the last shave i used the polymer made Fine superlite slant so today this Minora bakelite razor got it's run, amazing little shaver.

Happy shaves! :thumbup1:

SOTD : 6th February 2020.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : "What The Puck?!"~ Lime Burst.

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless. (2)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender,eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Superdrug ~ Forest Fresh ASL.

Arko ~ Fresh Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave,

Last shave of the week with the baili bd177 & gillette nacet stainless razor & blade duo have both exceeded my expectations throughout all my shaves this week.

I could quite easily shave with this comfortable razor & blade duo for the foreseeable future but like everyone else i like variety with my shave set ups.

Another fantastic 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous dollop of Arko ~ Fresh Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

It has been a while since I’ve used this soap and it’s a shame actually because I absolutely love this scent and performance! 😊 (but well….I’ve got so many wonderful soaps…always difficult to choose one perfect soap for the day right? 😉😊)

Soap : The Club - Signature
Sotd : 06-02-2020
Razor : Rex – Ambassador
Blade : Astra - Superior Platinum (2)
Brush : Razorock - Plissoft
Aftershave Balm: Hawkins & Brimble - Elemi & Ginseng Post Shave Balm
Eau de Parfum : Ralph Lauren – Polo Blue
DSC_0011-01.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
02/06/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Detroit Grooming Manistee Glycerin Eucalyptus & Mint Bar Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Malbolge Conditioning Shampoo Puck - A Woodsy, Aromatic Fall Classic!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Malbolge Artisan Shaving Soap - Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Green Ray - 24mm Hybrid Tribble Synthetic Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Ascension Twist-Adjustable Aluminum Double Open Comb Safety Razor
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 13th Shave
Shavex Alum Block
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Malbolge Artisan Aftershave & Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Aloe Vera Gel Made with Organic Aloe Vera
Crown King Atomic Age Bay Rum Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength

View attachment 1060076
How do you like your Green Ray brush? I've two PAA brushes (Starcraft, Atomic Rocket), so the Ray is next on my list--pending some good reviews.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1060124
Pre-shave: Warm water
Razor: Vintage Minora Bakelite
View attachment 1060125
Blade: Gillette 7oclock SharpEdge
Brush: Vintage Gillette
Shaving Cream: The Real Shaving Co. double concentrated shave cream
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Astral Original

Nice relaxing shave today i didn't shave against the grain, just across in both directions & i was pleased with the smooth end result, I love using my light razors, the last shave i used the polymer made Fine superlite slant so today this Minora bakelite razor got it's run, amazing little shaver.

Happy shaves! :thumbup1:
Wish we could still get RS products here in the USA. The cream is a good performer and an outstanding value.

Thursday
Preshave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash/Stirling Bergamot Lavender Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2019 Summer Edition
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Aftershave: Baxter Herbal Mint Toner/Alum
Balm: AoS Unscented ASB

ED73EB35-9DF1-4D46-9B4F-E1AA2ACD1422.jpeg
9DCD4F0D-9F4C-483F-A73F-607B8D1AA223.jpeg

SOTD 02/06/20

After skipping yesterday’s shave, I realized why I need to shave every day. Here I was, needing to reduce 48 hrs of thick, dense whisker growth. Time to break out the big guns, one of my most efficient safety razors, the heralded LaResche 51 Luxe. LaResche made the 51 safety razor model from the 30’s through the 70’s when they ceased razor production. This particular razor dates from near the end of production and was NOS when I acquired it. I love the shave it delivers. The OC design is interesting with the two end bars slightly above the interior teeth. The blade is housed between the two end bars and sits slightly below and flat against the interior teeth. Riding the cap with this highly efficient design puts the blade right at the skin line.

My last shave two days ago was a very comfortable DFS. The MWF I’ve been and will continue using all month has had an incredibly positive impact on my skin which feels really well hydrated. My usual cold water prep was quite refreshing this morning. Lathering felt like a real workout with the new 316L Synthetic brush from Rearden Razor. Happily the handle inlet design provides for a firm grip on this heavy 26mm synthetic brush. Luke Webster, the owner of Classic Shaving, lauds the backbone of this brush. I like a brush with a firm backbone, and the brush does not disappoint on this score, although it is one honkin’ heavy tool. I realized that a drop to the floor would fracture tile and/or toes.

That first MWF lather supplemented by the PAA Cube Soap was thick, shiny and yogurty and stood the whiskers up for the first WTG pass. The 51 sheared through the whiskers like they weren’t there. The second ATG closed the deal all around on a complete BBS. The alum block revealed no heat anywhere. I was left with velveteen smoothness on both noggin and face which I attribute to my continued use of MWF. I could have easily gotten away without any AS, but this boy does like his menthol. The Snake Bite AS topped off a perfect shave! I feel clean, coool, smoooth, and refreshed.

RAZOR: LaResche 51 Luxe
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Synthetic
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by ThayersLavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash

Last edited:
Thursday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Sandpiper
Soap: Stirling Sandpiper
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Blue Super Platinum (9)
Brush: oscar11/TGN 2-Band Finest-24mmx50mm
Aftershave: Stirling Sandpiper w/Menthol

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Sandpiper today. 20 seconds to load the oscar11/TGN 2-Band Finest brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette Blue Super Platinum still in the vintage Gillette Slim. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Stirling Sandpiper aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Top Bottom