What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

I am awestruck by my CG level 2. I’ve been hunting the ultimate razor for years now, first many vintage, then modern.

As my RAD subsidizes, my purchases became less and less frequent. A few very talked about razors a year, and perhaps a new soap base. I had become quite content with my RFB NEWs, Gamechangers, 6s, Rex Ambassador, the list goes on. I had believed I had found the perfect little selection of outstanding razors, and that was that. Many new purchases failed to woo me. Pictured below(Charcoal Goods, Gamechanger Open Comb, Rex Envoy, .84 Gamechanger, Rockwell 6s)
BD6C930A-96FD-494D-A711-1ABB3BB658CF.jpeg

The Charcoal Goods level 2 was highly talked about among many members who have similar tastes to mine. I finally succumbed to RAD and....

Well it has blown away everything I have had, after a few weeks I sold off nearly everything else and got a second CG as a back up. I could not do words justice to how well this razor works for me, true shaving nirvana with outstanding results. Now I can focus on more fragrances and soaps, until CG comes out with a new design that is.

0DD850F0-EFB9-4EF6-ACC7-1B8B59A138CF.jpeg

How does that kind of scalloped safety bar-having bubby scalp whiskers?

Is it all about the aesthetics or do you get a BBS just by being in the same room?

Ignore the nice handles, it’s all in the head design. Somewhere around a .84 Gamechanger, but smoother and more efficient at the same time. It’s really rigid, I have a swirl around my Adam’s apple and it’s no problem for this razor.

Same here my cg3 beats everything else hands down

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

From my understanding the Level 2 and 3 have the same blade gap, just different angle/exposure/etc to ramp it up. How much more aggressive is it? I prefer a nice in between razor, I suspect it would be way to much for me after trying the level 2.

From my understanding the Level 2 and 3 have the same blade gap, just different angle/exposure/etc to ramp it up. How much more aggressive is it? I prefer a nice in between razor, I suspect it would be way to much for me after trying the level 2.

Lvl 3 just wasn't a smooth experience for me...something about the geometry I suspect.
A wolfman 1.35 gap WR2 would be ideal to provide similar closeness... and would be a lot
smoother...but of course the price would be higher.

I am awestruck by my CG level 2. I’ve been hunting the ultimate razor for years now, first many vintage, then modern.

As my RAD subsidizes, my purchases became less and less frequent. A few very talked about razors a year, and perhaps a new soap base. I had become quite content with my RFB NEWs, Gamechangers, 6s, Rex Ambassador, the list goes on. I had believed I had found the perfect little selection of outstanding razors, and that was that. Many new purchases failed to woo me. Pictured below(Charcoal Goods, Gamechanger Open Comb, Rex Envoy, .84 Gamechanger, Rockwell 6s)View attachment 1059225

The Charcoal Goods level 2 was highly talked about among many members who have similar tastes to mine. I finally succumbed to RAD and....

Well it has blown away everything I have had, after a few weeks I sold off nearly everything else and got a second CG as a back up. I could not do words justice to how well this razor works for me, true shaving nirvana with outstanding results. Now I can focus on more fragrances and soaps, until CG comes out with a new design that is.

View attachment 1059227

Congratulations!! Shaving Nirvana!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Those are truly beautiful razors. It’s going to take me a while to become comfy with $275 for a razor that may or may not be a better shaver than my GC, Variant or Occam’s.
Here’s the question...Are some of those different metals too soft? Obviously, titanium and, to a lesser degree, stainless are less susceptible to scratching, or getting bent when you drop them. I wondered about brass when I bought my Karve, but got one anyway. I’m not sure, but that beautiful brass is very soft and IMHO, would look like hell after a couple years of getting banged around. Any metallurgists out there?

I have a Karve and I have no fears of damaging it. It also, as a very modestly priced razor, definitely keeps up with everything that I have that cost three or four times as much. As for RR stuff I've not acquired any of their SS razors yet, only the sloc which is not in the same league as more expensive kit. I would also be curious if the RR gamechanger series compares favorably with razors like CGs.

I really like that copper stinger version one handle with the bee. I wish he would have all the parts available at one time. I would get a level two copper with that handle. The brass is nice too, but I'd go for copper

Those are truly beautiful razors. It’s going to take me a while to become comfy with $275 for a razor that may or may not be a better shaver than my GC, Variant or Occam’s.
Here’s the question...Are some of those different metals too soft? Obviously, titanium and, to a lesser degree, stainless are less susceptible to scratching, or getting bent when you drop them. I wondered about brass when I bought my Karve, but got one anyway. I’m not sure, but that beautiful brass is very soft and IMHO, would look like hell after a couple years of getting banged around. Any metallurgists out there?
Sorry! I meant COPPER! It is softer than brass...

Top Bottom