What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

20200204_184425.jpg

Warm evening..

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well I thought it would be a good evening. I’m so pissed off right now. Freaking windy as hell outside and I couldn’t get a good light. I finally got it red and blowing smoke but it instantly starts to tunnel. About 15 minutes later no ash but a red ember right down the middle. I gave up. Cut it in half, threw it in a ziplock with a boveda pack and will try again tomorrow.

2C3A1EC8-E4AE-4AB5-ADB5-869BE40D25C6.jpeg

Well I thought it would be a good evening. I’m so pissed off right now. Freaking windy as hell outside and I couldn’t get a good light. I finally got it red and blowing smoke but it instantly starts to tunnel. About 15 minutes later no ash but a red ember right down the middle. I gave up. Cut it in half, threw it in a ziplock with a boveda pack and will try again tomorrow.

View attachment 1059717
Perfecto shapes are tricky to get going under normal conditions. I typically toast the foot with a torch before going to the soft flame. Under windy conditions I would probably toast it a little longer just to be safe. If it’s too windy to light a cigar with a torch, it’s too damn windy to smoke

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Then I suppose it was too damn windy to smoke. Rookie mistake. The flame on the torch went out countless times. "Windproof"..yeah, bullcrap

Then I suppose it was too damn windy to smoke. Rookie mistake. The flame on the torch went out countless times. "Windproof"..yeah, bullcrap
I use quad flame torches. never go out. If you order from CI or other sites, many times they can be had inexpensive.
I just leave it outside and take one on a cruise ship, never had a problem. Nothing fancy something like the vertigo triple, cigar.com auction, lighters is the search,, again nothing fancy,, They just eat more gas.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I use quad flame torches. never go out. If you order from CI or other sites, many times they can be had inexpensive.
I just leave it outside and take one on a cruise ship, never had a problem. Nothing fancy something like the vertigo triple, cigar.com auction, lighters is the search,, again nothing fancy,, They just eat more gas.

This is what I used. They both went out multiple times. Certainly not wind proof here in TN.
Unless I don’t have the flame turned up enough. Which I likely don’t. That could be the reason they went out with a bit of wind.

DC00DF84-6584-460E-B502-0813964B884F.jpeg 40695DB6-9F25-4D03-84FE-4B566C195E6A.jpeg

Jason I would suggest that you clip a little bit of the foot off on those perfectos to get a better light.
Enjoy!

Will try that tip next time!

IMG_20200111_083506225.jpg
IMG_20200111_085820138.jpg

Jan. 11th. A surprise Texas "snow storm". Yeah, it's just a few flakes. :) Enough to dust wooden handrails on a bridge that kids made a mini snowman on.
IMG_20200111_103743868.jpg

This is what I used. They both went out multiple times. Certainly not wind proof here in TN.
Unless I don’t have the flame turned up enough. Which I likely don’t. That could be the reason they went out with a bit of wind.

I had a hard time getting my cigar to light this day with my triple torch, but other than the ash not staying, it smoked fine. :) Needed better gloves though.

Top Bottom