What's new

Tobacquisitions: January 2020

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

Unsmoked Punto Oro unknown(Don) shape. Sometimes you win, some times you lose, I’ll chalk this one up in the win column.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Thanks man. Have you ever seen one before? I can’t find any info on it at all.

I haven’t. That shape isn’t on the Savinelli chart so it would be considered a “quaint”. Probably not too many out there. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I haven’t. That shape isn’t on the Savinelli chart so it would be considered a “quaint”. Probably not too many out there. Looks great.

A quaint pipe for a quaint guy lol. Thanks for that tidbit.

These two arrived the other day. Arley Curtz estate pipes. An older fellow, who is a friend of Arley's, is no longer smoking and is selling off his accumulation. These are apparently some of Arley's early work. Whatever they are, they smoke wonderfully, at least based on the initial smoke.
proxy.php

Got my obsidian oil the other day. Also got some stuff from Vermont freehand and woodcraft that will go into some pipe repairs and modifications I think.

A stem funneling tool and two stem blanks (just in case I screw one up lol) from vermont freehand.
received_158922778734859.jpeg

Also a book on pipemaking. Then from woodcraft I grabbed a few pen blanks that might go into cob modifications or tampers. As well as some acrylic blanks that might be some small cob stems. Just tinkering trying to learn some of this as I can. Still in need of better lathe tools. The ones I currently have are very limiting.

20200116_184635.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well knock me over the inside of this estate is not bad at all. Just need to figure out how to fix the burnt rim without loosing too much of the rustication.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
This one is gonna stay natural tho:). Apparantly that’s the whole draw with this Corallo series of pipe.

Yep! Personally I’d leave the charring, or maybe go at it gently w q-tips and spit. On a Corello, just about anything you do to address it has the risk of making it look worse.

Top Bottom