What's new

Morris and Forndran (M&F) Appreciation Thread

I haven't found an M&F appreciation thread so I'm starting one. Sears collabs. or classic Lees, let's see them. Mine are as follows: Tulip in Super; L7 Finest, 2xl Finest, Style 1 Finest, Alibaba Blonde. All are Sears handles except the Tulip.
DSCN3109.JPG

I love them my M&F and related Rooney brushes. I'm glad they are still appreciated, but there don't seem to be as many fans as when I was building my collection. What are the current trends in brushes? What's popular?

I love them my M&F and related Rooney brushes. I'm glad they are still appreciated, but there don't seem to be as many fans as when I was building my collection. What are the current trends in brushes? What's popular?
I think the popularity of M&F ebbed a bit before Lee started collaborating with Brad Sears, but now they seem to be in demand again.

I recently got a Style 1 in finest 2-band, and while I really like the overall quality of the brush, it's been through 3 or 4 uses now and still has a lot of scritch when I face lather. Can anyone tell me if it'll keep breaking in to soften up, or do his knots just tend to keep that scritchiness? Because other than that it's basically a perfect brush.

I recently got a Style 1 in finest 2-band, and while I really like the overall quality of the brush, it's been through 3 or 4 uses now and still has a lot of scritch when I face lather. Can anyone tell me if it'll keep breaking in to soften up, or do his knots just tend to keep that scritchiness? Because other than that it's basically a perfect brush.
M&F's take some time to break in. I'd give it at least 15 to 20 uses before giving up on it. The Style 1 is a beautiful handle and not as common as the XL. If you decide it isn't for you drop me a PM. I haven't used the current Super (3 band) from M&F. My guess is that it would break in faster, but it will also probably have less backbone.[/QUOTE]

M&F's take some time to break in. I'd give it at least 15 to 20 uses before giving up on it. The Style 1 is a beautiful handle and not as common as the XL. If you decide it isn't for you drop me a PM. I haven't used the current Super (3 band) from M&F. My guess is that it would break in faster, but it will also probably have less backbone.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice!

Brad's brush of the month for February is the Style 1. Order one during the month and get 10% off.

Top Bottom