What's new

Any affordable decent brush that doesn't shed?

My shaving brush sheds 1~3 hairs every shave. At this rate, it's going to become unuseable in a few years.
I'm looking for a new affordable brush that will not shed. Can you recommend any?

I bought Shave Nation Chrome Pure Badger Brush on 2015-05-29. I still use it. I don't know what I like about it because it is the only shaving brush I ever used. I don't have a reference to compare it to.

I prefer bowl lathering because it seems to save soap. I usually use soaps because soaps seem cheaper than creams.
I prefer that which saves money. I came from gillete cartridge razor to DE razor to save money. I thought shaving brushes do not mind lathering method or lathering material. Why do you ask these questions?

I'm not going to try to squeeze every last drop of money, but I want to keep the costs low.

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I would go with a Yaqi synthetic which will certainly be softer than the pure grade you have been using; they start as low as $10 and I have never heard of one shedding. If you really want to save money then I would stick with the one you have as according to your post it has 'a few years' of use left. It is not unheard of for a brush to shed for a while and then stop shedding. Good luck.

A very affordable brush that doesn't seem to shed is the Yaqi synthetic, available in many handle/knot flavours. These brushes are also excellent performers for bowl or face lathering, and look good.

Where can I buy yaqi synthetic shaving brushes without paying too much for delivery? I don't see many yaqi brushes on amazon.
I live in asia. Amazon seems to charge the least for delivery. Perhaps, aliexpress?

Why do you ask these questions?
So I can help you pick a good brush. The right size, the right handle, right type of material, etc. If you buy the wrong brush, you'll have wasted your money.

Ok, based on what you're looking for, I'd suggest something like this Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo with Mysterious Space handle. You can get it at AliExpress, I put the link below. If you don't like this particular color or style, something similar seems like it would work for you.

mspace-4.jpg

Last edited:
I'd recommend a Yaqi synthetic from Aliexpress, if you're from Asia. The shipping may vary quite a bit but the cost is very low as well. I love the 26mm Tuxedo listed above and they're good quality for the price.

Yaqi brushes are made in China, so in theory should be at or below US pricing. They make great synthetic and badger options.

Where can I buy yaqi synthetic shaving brushes without paying too much for delivery? I don't see many yaqi brushes on amazon.
I live in asia. Amazon seems to charge the least for delivery. Perhaps, aliexpress?
Yep they're you're best bet.
The other option of course is just sticking with what you have to keep costs low. Like you said, it would probably take a few years before you get to a point where the brush "fails" based on the density. A brush shedding a couple hairs here and there obviously isn't optimal, but you probably have a brush that will continue to perform just fine for a while if you can live with it.

There’s a brush called the grumpy rihno eBay it there cheap synth and the great quality and I haven’t lost a single hair since iv had it I not talking like one or 2 at the start I’m talking none iv had it for 6 months I find it a bit stiffer but it’s a great brush nice and soft

Here's my recommendation. It is also a Yaqi synthetic, and it is the only synthetic brush I still own, although I have owned at least a half dozen others. I generally prefer badger and boar brushes, but I could happily use this brush every day if my goal were to save money. I've used it both for face lathering and bowl lathering, although most often I use it for bowl lathering.

I got a Yaqi Moca 26 mm 2 band badger it’s brilliant for face lathering and only about £30.
I’ve just ordered a Yaqi silvertip 24mm for about £25 feom aliexpreas

Another maker on Aliexpress in Frank's Shaving

Myself, I have had two Yaqi synthetic brushes and no problems with shedding. Other people have posted threads about their experiences with the other makers. You could search the forum for more info.

Top Bottom